News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Best "Chicago" Movie

Started by Guy_on_Clinton, May 10, 2006, 09:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonster

Ferris
Blues Bros/Breakfast Club
My Bodyguard
Cooley High
AIB
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

TannerBoyle

I would say The Blues Brothers has gotta be the flagship of all Chicago movies.

My Bodygaurd is another good one.

And, if you're interested in Cicero History, pick up a copy of the seedy, over the top, gruesome horror flick Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer--there's a scene when Henry and Otis go out looking for hookers and wind up on Cicero Avenue.  They pass right by the old Towne Revue and The Show of Shows. ;)

Bonster

Quote from: TannerBoyle on November 02, 2006, 09:18:15 PM
And, if you're interested in Cicero History, pick up a copy of the seedy, over the top, gruesome horror flick Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer--there's a scene when Henry and Otis go out looking for hookers and wind up on Cicero Avenue.  They pass right by the old Towne Revue and The Show of Shows. ;)

ahhahahaha...the good ol' days of Cicero. .. . .. .
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

mrs. scoon

Blues Brothers is always a classic.  Ferris Bueller is the best.

Other movies filmed in our lovely area:
Home Alone - wasn't that in Barrington?
Road to Perdition - that was Geneva, thought it wasn't bad.
The Weatherman - Downtown (never saw it, not sure I want to)
The Lake House - Part of it was definitely filmed downtown.  It filmed just down the block from my old job and my co-workers went to seek out Keanu Reeves
Ocean 12 - Think that was filmed here as well, don't know how good it was though.
You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Count DMC

I cant believe not one of you mentioned the greatest Chicago Movie ever made--- Next of Kin!! Swayze, mullets, hillbillies out for vengance!!! I thought this was a cool board :(.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

The scene in Lake House where Reeves goes to the attorney/boyfriends office was filmed in downtown Riverside. La Pantera was there. The law office is actually the new condo development on Longcommon and Burlington.
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Terri

Adding to Pantera's Lake House scenes.  The bridge they walked over is next to the Fire station in Riverside.  They procede to a home across the road for the party and porch scene. 

Pantera, missed you at the filming, we were at the house.  Keanu and Sandra were nice, did you get to talk with them?

Terri

Bru67

Quote from: mustang54 on May 12, 2006, 10:16:02 PM
  Blues Brothers! I remember watchin them film the part when they went to the ladies bungalow lookin for the band members. That was shot on 16th and 51st Court in Cicero.

Ms. Toronto's house was in Cicero?  I did not know that.  Very cool!

Matryoshka

Prelude to a Kiss was filmed at the end of my block and the house they used is the one @ East and 18th (south/west corner)