News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Tryin' to give my Bungalow some love....

Started by Guy_on_Clinton, May 26, 2005, 05:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guy_on_Clinton

I need a good referal for some one to do all my storm windows... I called some place.... they came out and tried to get me to replace the windows...

:o

SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

Aimee

Moore Construction is great, and in Berwyn
Michael Moore is the Owner he just did our gutters. Amazing work nothing left behind.
Here is his info
Michael Moore Cinstruction 788-9283
6501 Ogden
Fax 788-9287
other # 630-640-3855
He also does restoration
Good Luck!
Aimee

hvychev

Beautiful Bungalow! Checker board brick pattern and stained glass windows....very  8)!

Aimee

Guy on Clinton,
We also had some WOODEN storm windows done.
My husband will look for the guys info over the weekend sorry I cant remember his name.
His does custom wooden storm windows for bungalows. Very good!
He did some for us, we are trying to keep our bungalow as original as possible.
I will let you know when this info is found.
You have a wonderful Bungalow! Congrats to you and welcome to Berwyn(if you are new!)
Aimee

Ana

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Guy_on_Clinton

"Moore Construction is great, and in Berwyn"

I'm looking to have metal storm windows replace the busted or missing aluminum storms...   Do they do this?

PS: thanks for the comments on the house... 

Aimee

Yes Moore does what you are looking for. Good Luck!
Aimee

Guy_on_Clinton

Update:

Called Moore Construction.... they told me that the work i wanted done was too small for him  >:(

Wow.. 9 storm windows?!?! 

Anyways... i called some place on Oak Park & Roosevelt and they came right out to meet & measure.... 

we'll see what the estimate come out to.

Bru67

Quote from: Art on May 26, 2005, 10:27:38 PM
Just Sashes.

Good choice.  For the good and beauty of Berwyn, consider doing original style wood storm windows in the front.  When we moved in, ours had those ugly metal ones which were bent up pretty good, oxodized, and broken.  We put new original style wood ones in the front and new metal ones on the sides (to compromise on cost).  It was more than I was intending to spend on storm windows but made the house look 100 percent better and I'm glad I did it.  Next up will be to replace the block glass windows on the basement front and side of porch as you walk up with the correct wood windows.  Does anyone know why on earth people put block glass windows on the front of these houses???  The back and sides, I can see it but the front?  We don't live in Compton, sheesh  ::)     

hvychev

I also hate the glass block! Bru are you going to put regular windows back in the front? I am VERY happy that the is not ONE single glass block in my whole three unit building. There has to be dozens of windows. The building next to me is a different story.

Bru67

You were lucky to escape the glass block attack!  90% of bungalows have block glass somewhere or other.  And yes, just the two front basement ones and also the side one on the porch.  I'll put regular windows that are period correct in there -- plain for the basement ones and leaded and stained glass for the side to match the front ones.  The latter won't be cheap but it's only one window.  I also want to do an original storm door to replace the prisonesque steel storm door on there now.  Unfortunately, due to other projects on the house, this will all have to wait until spring '06.

Guy_on_Clinton

Finally got the storm windows installed.... I used Brighton Windows in Chicago......

OakParkSpartan

Are those aluminum?

Can I ask how much they ran per window (roughly)?

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Guy_on_Clinton

Spartan,

i dont know... the guy that came out showed me the diffence between the windows i had and the ones i was ordering.... the new ones were sturdier and a little bit heavier...

i paid $1859 for 9 windows....

Paul Fuentes

It is obvious local Cub fans never learned division. 

El Duque