News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Read Books, Get Stuff

Started by Beans, June 14, 2006, 10:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beans

I went to the Berwyn Library last night to pick up a book that scoon recommended.

On my way out I noticed some handsome insulated lunch bags and asked if they were handing them out. The clerk said that they were free to those adults that enroll in the Adult Reading Program.

I've never needed any incentive to read but I really wanted that lunch bag. I joined, got my cool lunch bag and some free admission tickets for children for the Brookfield Zoo.

Neat!

I also learned that throughout the program there will be giveaways to those who participate.

Here's some info:

Participants are encouraged to read three books per book log: two of their own choice and one off our list of books featuring animals.

The Reader's Advisory Department will draw turned-in book logs every two weeks and give out prizes.

Call the Reader's Advisory Desk @ (708)795-8000, ext 3005 or e-mail: RA@Berwynlibrary.net.

Note: I am in no way affiliated with the BPL or receiving any compensation for this plug. I do realize that the more people that join, the less chance I'll have at the prizes.

On second thought, please ignore this post. ;D

catspaws

The Friends of the Berwyn Public Library donate the proceeds of the fundraising efforts to
fund something from a wishlist the library departments put together. One of the possible choices
is to fund the summer or winter reading programs.

So be sure to shop at the Used Book Sale at the library Sept 15, 16, & 17.

hounddog