MacNeal Public Meeting on Parking Garage

Started by OakParkSpartan, June 15, 2006, 12:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakParkSpartan

Did anyone attend?

BTW, this was NOT an official public hearing...no different than me inviting you to my backyard to shoot the shit about something.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

scoon

Ok so I didn't attend, but I talked to a few people that did...

Most of the residents walked out of there happy.  The parking structure is only going to be 2.5 stories high now...  I guess 2.5 on Euclid and 2 on Oak Park.  They also plan on putting in some green space....

Rumor Mill Fodder:

I also heard that Mario of Mario's Mark in the Gayzette overheard The Mayor asking why these women don't stop whining after some of the citizens voiced their concerns. 

Unfortunately, I can see that actually happening.

OakParkSpartan

I heard the same about the residents being happy.

Glad to hear the public pressure worked.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

pkd50

The Mayor stood in the back and look uninterested through most of the meeting.   I think that MacNeal made an effort to please neighbors, and they seemed happy.   What is of more concern to me than the parking structure is the fact that they will be putting the 8 homes they own on the market, though not all at once.    If they low ball the price just to dump them quickly, that will affect home values more than a parking garage.