News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Flamingo's Ice Cream

Started by jqpublic, July 06, 2006, 11:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jqpublic

Stopped there over the weekend. It's not your normal ice cream. I got a small cup of cherry, it was icy, not all that creamy, but was very refreshing. And the cherry flavor was very good, lots of cherry bits. I will return. With MacArthur.

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that.

Bonster

Stopped in yesterday...some crazy flavors of ice & ice cream there...
...had a double cone of "horchata" & mango cream...

The horchata ice cream was pretty interesting for those who are horchata fanatics like myself.

All the different fruits (yellow cherry & other foreign), far out flavors (avocado shakes?), and bizzaro ices (diablo __ ice?!) were pretty interesting.  Clean, fair prices, I'll definitely return.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

seebee

The wife heard about this place on the radio. Stopped in about two weeks ago. The owner is a gem. Let us try everything we wanted to, and gave us others to try also (she probably gave us about 8 suggestions, and gave us tastes of them without asking.)
We found that the CREAMY coconut was the best one we tried (so far.) They also have a toasted coconut, but we thought the CREAMY one was much better. Definitely be back a BUNCH! Much more to try. Interesting flavors too - avocado, prune, fig, jalapeno etc.. This is a place you'd HATE to see fold. Will be an avid supporter of this one from now on. Some of the ice creams were icy (tiny ice crystals) - but the creamy coconut was smooth and creamy with GREAT flavor. - Now I've done it... Have to stop on my way home for some more!!

Beans

Bonster

Cermak, just east of Oak Park Ave...south side, about three shops from the light.

CozyNite

I went there today.  Seebee was right -- the owner let me try about 8 different flavors.  The Pineapple-Coconut was great as was the Caramel.  But the one I got tasted unbelievable.  It's called Chongo and it's actually a cheese flavored ice cream... and it was incredible.  It sort of tasted like the ricotta cheese filling that's in cannolis.  And for a small (that was still two scoops) it was $1.90.

catspaws

I love the place. I just stopped today,on my way home from a cardiac stress test. After the stress of
test I needed a diablo ice!

Beans

CozyNite

Beans

Quote from: cozynite on September 11, 2006, 02:56:28 PM
T Jones, what did you try?
I had several samples, wasn't happy with any so I decided to go with plain ol' chocolate (can't mess that up eh?). Still wasn't happy.

The wife and daughter had selections and samples of their own and both weren't pleased either.

No big deal. Ice cream shops as restaurants, are plentiful. Personal taste I guess. We've been spoiled when it comes to ice cream.

mrs. scoon

The Parmesan cheese is surprisingly good!
You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.  - Eleanor Roosevelt

seebee

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Signage is gone, and windows are papered over!

Bonster

yep.  just noticed that last week.  :(

Tuttles

They closed not too long ago.  La Michocana, between East Ave. and Scoville, on Cermak is supposed to be THE new place to go.  I heard from a neighbor that you can wait nearly an hour in line.  I've heard from several different people that it is really good.  Not sure if the waiting time is accurate, but every time I've been past there is a long line.  Will have to try it soon. 

renovatorbear

Quote from: Tuttles on May 18, 2014, 11:45:18 AM
Not sure if the waiting time is accurate, but every time I've been past there is a long line.  Will have to try it soon.

We drove past around 6pm today and noticed there was a long line...

PamF

Could always go to Forest Park and have some delicious Brown Cow ice cream.  http://www.browncowicecream.com/home