News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Tuck Point Referal?

Started by OakParkSpartan, May 31, 2005, 10:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakParkSpartan

Riteway just did work for the Berwyn Historical Society and it seemed to be pretty good.  1401 Grove is the address if you want to swing by and look for yourself.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

tony la

Stanislaw Guzik   773-286-1522    Absolutely not the cheapest.  But absolutely the best.
Tony LaMonica  Broker 1998 Hall Of Fame
Prudential RUBLOFF 708-795-5000
Director Chicago Association of Realtors
WWW.TONYLA.NET

Ana

Not completely happy with Guzik, they missed a few things.  I have "chalky" tuckpointing in some spots and we're missing flashing on the chimney, otherwise they were pretty good and pricing was reasonable.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

ivan

Thanks Tony,
Stan just left. Responded to my call very fast (was nearby when i called). His price was not lowest or highest for estimates i received (2). Think i found the one. Thanks

Ana

Also, Guzik's workers do not speak English (or Spanish for that matter) and they are not very friendly (one of them called me a very bad name in Polish when I asked help me move something that was in the way of their work.)  Also, be aware of where they use the bathroom, they do not carry port-o-johns and in my case were very fond of using the alley where my neighbors and their children could see them. 
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

ivan

Ana,
Did they repair the things you did not like?

tony la

This is the first bad report I have ever heard about this guy.  He is 1st on every person everyone I know uses or refers.   If you drive around Berwyn and look up at the side of many buildings you will see his name on a metal plate.  Time tested, fabulous work.
Tony LaMonica  Broker 1998 Hall Of Fame
Prudential RUBLOFF 708-795-5000
Director Chicago Association of Realtors
WWW.TONYLA.NET