News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

GARV'S

Started by pkd50, July 28, 2006, 11:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitesoxfan

Here is the deal. The building inspector and our architect met today. There is good news and bad news. The bad news is...... we need a whole new facade. The city and the architect both agreed that it needed to be done. The good news is..... they are going to let us stay open during the construction. As of right now, I have no idea how I am going to finance this but I have decided that I am going to do everything in my power to try. I will keep you posted

Mike
Please visit the Garv Inn on Facebook

scoon

Perhaps we need to schedule a board meeting at Garv's and put some asses in the seats for Garv's new facade.

dukesdad

QuotePerhaps we need to schedule a board meeting at Garv's and put some asses in the seats for Garv's new facade.

I would drink to that!

delbowz

Life is too important to be taken seriously. - Oscar Wilde

whitesoxfan

Well, we have been told that once we put a scaffolding along the entrance to the street and put up a temp wall inside that we will be able to open. Hopefully this can get done by Wed.

tgoddess

Board Meeting at Garv's Friday night (pending good news on Wednesday).

Be there or be square.

Julie, the Cruise Director

"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Berwyn Patsy

If me and the Mr. can stay up that long we'll see ya about 8:00 P.M.
Bear how about you?  We won't keep you out late, if you got to get up early to start the planting!!

Bear

I'm in...The planting is not till the 19th
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

whitesoxfan

Garv's is officially back open. What a very long 2 weeks it has been with absolutly no income.

mrs. scoon

You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.  - Eleanor Roosevelt

delbowz

So, Friday night Board Outing confirmed, right???

D

Bonster

Quote from: whitesoxfan on May 10, 2007, 08:41:05 AM
Garv's is officially back open. What a very long 2 weeks it has been with absolutly no income.
Drove by last night, good to see.  I would've dropped a dime but I was late for somethin'.

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

tgoddess

Yup... Board meeting is ON.  Let's get out and show whitesox fan our support.    :usa:
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

delbowz

Fellow Cubs Fans - we can support him regardless of his baseball afilliation!  just remember that.

;D

Bonster

Yes!
Excellent point, D.

We're supporting whitesoxfan (not fans), not the "white sox" (eww).
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

mrs. scoon

Sadly Scoon and I will miss this fun board outing, we'll be out of town for our anniversary. 

I want details!!  Hope a lot of you come and have a great time.
You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Bear

we'll be out of town for our anniversary. 

I want details!!

So do we!
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

OakParkSpartan

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

whitesoxfan

Fyi - fellow White Sox and Cub Fans - There is a White Sox neon on one end of the bar and a Cubs neon on the other. you can always tell if your team has won their last game by simply looking to see if the light is on. If it is off, that means they lost. Now, normally we keep both lights on through out the off season but we had to keep the Cubs light off from Oct. 2005 - April 2006 while the World Series Champions light remained on. 

pkd50

...........and it was a BEAUTIFUL sight I'll never forget!