News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Poor Mel

Started by BountyHunter, August 04, 2006, 09:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BountyHunter

Mel is driving blasted.  Cop pulls him over (who happens to be Jewish).  Mel let's loose with a few phrases meant to piss the cop off, and you think he was a serial killer the way people are reacting.  If a cop looks Irish to me I would have gone into a routine on the Irish.  If he looked Italian I probably would have said something on Italians.  Hispanic same thing.  I probably would have mentioned tacos somewhere in the conversation fer sure.  Some guys when they drink call their wives every name under the sun.  The next day, ahhh honey, I didn't mean it.  I've seen drunken wives just as bad.  Your a no good motheryouknowwhat.  I don't know why I married your arse.  Next day.  Honey, what movie you wanna watch tonight.

Drunk is drunk.  People talk stupid when they've had too much to drink.  Should you be responsible.  Yes.  But it happens all the time.  That can be the price you pay when you overendulge.

By the way, Mel's next movie, Apocalypto looks good.

Bonster

Some say Alcohol=truth serum, or a drunken mind speaks a sober heart.

I wouldn't go that far...a drunken mind speaks a soaked brain, lacking the common sense to quell one's [normal] prejudices.
How many times have people woken up feeling like asses because they did something idiotic when drunk the night before?
Did that mean that's how they really are when sober? Not entirely.

I do believe Mel, though, raised by an anti-Semitic father, does have strong issues with Jews.
How could he not be in trouble in Hollywood, now?
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

BountyHunter

Hollywood is selective in who it decides to not like.  This is fallout from his previous movie.  When Roman Polanski fled the country on rape charges they stood and gave applause when he won an Oscar.  Elia Kazan had to be flanked by DeNiro and Scorsese to receive his lifetime achievement award as the audience sat in defiance because he named names in Hollywood of those he knew were Communist during the McCarthy years.  There's more, but this Hollywood had it in for Mel a long time ago.  Actually, they've put themselves in a precarious position, because Mel is the moneymaker.

robertcarr

Quote from: BountyHunter on August 04, 2006, 09:52:34 PM
Mel is driving blasted.  Cop pulls him over (who happens to be Jewish).  Mel let's loose with a few phrases meant to piss the cop off, and you think he was a serial killer the way people are reacting.  If a cop looks Irish to me I would have gone into a routine on the Irish.  If he looked Italian I probably would have said something on Italians.  Hispanic same thing.  I probably would have mentioned tacos somewhere in the conversation fer sure.  Some guys when they drink call their wives every name under the sun.  The next day, ahhh honey, I didn't mean it.  I've seen drunken wives just as bad.  Your a no good motheryouknowwhat.  I don't know why I married your arse.  Next day.  Honey, what movie you wanna watch tonight.

Drunk is drunk.  People talk stupid when they've had too much to drink.  Should you be responsible.  Yes.  But it happens all the time.  That can be the price you pay when you overendulge.

By the way, Mel's next movie, Apocalypto looks good.

Yeah, this hate speech stuff...all racism is hate speech. You do a good job as an example.

- Robert Carr