News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Report Drug Activity

Started by ~LL~, August 08, 2006, 03:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudemon

I did report it to the above address and sure enough the police were out checking the alley within an hour! I was very happy with their quick response.

Bear

Keep in mind things are not always as they appear, although it was good you reported it.
That could have been a stray hypodermic from a sloppy diabetic.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Matryoshka

Quote from: Bear on April 21, 2008, 10:01:46 PM
Keep in mind things are not always as they appear, although it was good you reported it.
That could have been a stray hypodermic from a sloppy diabetic.

Oh Bearsy-Wearsy...

You're such an optimist...let's see, is the needle half full or half empty?

Hogzilla

Looks like we have a neighbor to keep an eye on. Saw a car pull up at the corner by our house, some individuals sat for a while, made a phone call and a few minutes later a kid (early 20s) came running to the car, handed something off and ran back to his house. The house is a total dump. Directly across form the Mayor. This may be in interesting summer.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

OakParkSpartan

Shoot a note off to the PD.

I'd also write down the license plate if you could get it.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Hogzilla

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on May 06, 2008, 04:55:46 PM
Shoot a note off to the PD.

I'd also write down the license plate if you could get it.

I have the dealers plate and a description on the car that stopped here. No plate for that one though.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

MustangJoe

I saw the police checking out things on 31st, too. Good to finally see some action.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: Hogzilla on May 06, 2008, 03:33:00 PM
Looks like we have a neighbor to keep an eye on. Saw a car pull up at the corner by our house, some individuals sat for a while, made a phone call and a few minutes later a kid (early 20s) came running to the car, handed something off and ran back to his house. The house is a total dump. Directly across form the Mayor. This may be in interesting summer.
Maybe it was a book he wanted to share - LOL!  No, but honestly it might not have been related to drugs.  However, if it was, being that the house is directly across the mayor you might expect to see the SWAT team at some point bustin the door down.

Bonster

Quote from: MRS. NORTHSIDER on May 21, 2008, 06:39:54 AM
Quote from: Hogzilla on May 06, 2008, 03:33:00 PM
Maybe it was a book he wanted to share - LOL! 

Maybe he was waitin' for you Hogz!
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

tgoddess

Bon,

That new avatar is just freakin' me out, man.
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Bonster

"Hi there, tgoddess.  I've been thinkin' about you lately.  Can I come over?"  >

tgoddess

Maybe he looks better if'n I put on mah beer goggles...

"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Sandy

OK, how to handle this. Just another reason why privacy fences in the middle of a block are NOT a good thing. The kids next door to me are often back there smoking pot. The way they sit, I can see them as I go down my back stairs, but they are not visable from the street or alley. How do I turn them in without it be obvious it was me? I have told the police that there are street rumors about another house down the streat dealing as well.
"Modern cynics and skeptics see no harm in paying those to whom they entrust the minds of their children a smaller wage than is paid to those to whom they entrust the care of their plumbing."
John F. Kennedy

OakParkSpartan

Tell them what you wrote here.  And tell them they are welcome to enter your yard.  Once they smell the weed, they'll figure out how to best deal with it..
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

ZORBA

Quote from: Sandy on June 21, 2008, 08:27:23 AM
OK, how to handle this. Just another reason why privacy fences in the middle of a block are NOT a good thing. The kids next door to me are often back there smoking pot. The way they sit, I can see them as I go down my back stairs, but they are not visable from the street or alley. How do I turn them in without it be obvious it was me? I have told the police that there are street rumors about another house down the streat dealing as well.

Tell the cops you smell cannabis coming from the next door neighboirs yard, you know what burning marijuana smells like as you've smelled it before, and you saw then with marijuana cigarettes in their hands from your vantage point on your stairs. Describe the persons you observe with marijuana in detail also (height, weight, age, clothing, etc...).l

apatriot

Kids?  can you describe?  Actually, depending on the kids, I would walk down the gangway, and call the kid over that lives at the house and say ... you know, the whole neighborhood can smell that you're smoking pot back here.  I'm not going to call the police on you, but I can't assure you other neighbors that are upset won't.  So, I'm tipping you off that you need to stop.  We can't have that kind of thing going on and not do anything about it. 

The above is probably not what police want me to do but I guess I am more willing to let them decide their own fate, plus it let's them know that people DO see, and smell what's going on.  So, a fence provides no secret.

What really bugs me is when they smoke pot on their way to sit in a classroom.

~LL~

Call the Berwyn PD and ask to speak to a Drug Unit or Tactical Unit Officer -- or the Watch Commander -  and state exactly what you've written here.  If you have a basic "log" of usual days of the weeks/times of day -- all the better.

Tell BPD of your concern about being known as the complaintant. 
I assure you, the Berwyn PD officers will do their best to keep you/your name out of it -- if that is what you want.

At times, I've asked officers to come either to the back or the front of my house (opposite of where the suspicious activity was taking place - or so that I'm not seen speaking with officers by even other neighbors) and they have always respected these requests.

Please don't try to handle it yourself.

For one thing,  consider that you will be dealing with persons "under the influence"...

Call today.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Bonster

Quote from: LL--Schmidt on June 21, 2008, 02:37:20 PM
For one thing,  consider that you will be dealing with persons "under the influence"...

That's right.  They may offer you some beads or a tie dye or something.

Hogzilla

If you call 911 they'll tell you to meet the officer in the alley, or wait till the officer gets there. This has happened twice now to us. Definitely go higher up the chain. 911 is a waste of time unfortunately.

Hogzilla

Quote from: Bonster on June 21, 2008, 03:02:35 PM
Quote from: LL--Schmidt on June 21, 2008, 02:37:20 PM

That's right.  They may offer you some beads or a tie dye or something.

Or Oreos, ice cream, sandwiches, potato chips...  ;D