Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Report Drug Activity

Started by ~LL~, August 08, 2006, 03:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freaky

Quote from: 'Rita/aka Berwyn Scumbag Broad on April 20, 2008, 06:38:49 PM
Not saying it can't happen anywhere but the general rule of thumb is steer clear of multi-units (in and around the premises)...more people=more chance there's gonna be low-life scum
The area from 16th & Oak Park ave. to 22nd is bad. You see a lot of for sale signs there. The residents living there look to be low-income section eights.

Thor

Are the cops keeping an eye on 6700 Stanley???
Me thinks thou should!!!
Stop your whining and think the way I do

Terri

Quote from: Thor on August 20, 2008, 11:30:12 AM
Me thinks thou should!!!
Call the WEDGE tip line 708-780-5277.   

http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=5938.0

~LL~

Quote from: Terri on August 20, 2008, 11:55:33 AM
Quote from: Thor on August 20, 2008, 11:30:12 AM
Me thinks thou should!!!
Call the WEDGE tip line 708-780-5277.   

http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=5938.0

Also call BPD - ASAP!  795-5600 -- ask to speak to someone in Drug Unit/Detective Bureau.  Of course, if you see 'crime' in progress -- 911-it!
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Thor

George's Bar
On Stanley just off Oak Park Ave. Firday Sept-19-2008 somewhere around 8:15 to 8:30 PM
White male approx. 5 to 5.6 feet tall, shaved head with 5 O'clock shadow, covered in tatoos
Openly selling little plastic bags of white something (crack, coke, meth, heroin? God knows what).
Bags about the size of a quater or half dollar.

Thor

In front of Georges out on the sidewalk, I do Not go in there!

Terri

Quote from: Thor on September 20, 2008, 10:24:39 AM
George's Bar
On Stanley just off Oak Park Ave. Firday Sept-19-2008 somewhere around 8:15 to 8:30 PM
White male approx. 5 to 5.6 feet tall, shaved head with 5 O'clock shadow, covered in tatoos
Openly selling little plastic bags of white something (crack, coke, meth, heroin? God knows what).
Bags about the size of a quater or half dollar.

What did the officer do when you alerted him? 

Hogzilla

Yeah, keep on it and inform the BPD often. They can't be everywhere at once, but collectively we can.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

Harvey

Quote from: LL--Schmidt on July 01, 2007, 07:35:44 PM
Quote from: one eye open on July 01, 2007, 06:40:08 PM
I email in when I find the baggies on my block . The first few times I would get a response, but have not for quite a while now. So I don't know how well the email is working.

Please -- keep reporting anyway.  Officers DO read these e-mails and do follow up.  They just are just short on time to e-mail back regularly.
If you can, you might also try calling -- and asking for the Drug Unit.  Worst case scenario, you can leave your message & information on their voicemail.  And -- thanks for reporting.  Wish more people would call PD regarding 'suspicious activity, people, and found objects...'.

Don't leave a message with the people that answer the phones at Berwyn Police.  I know for a fact the messages are rarely put through.  I wouldn't even leave a message on the offices, I know they listen and delete while rolling eye.  Talk to someone personally, even if is just the desk police person, (In person is best) then make sure you get their name and make it obvious you did.  Then still check back for updates.  If you do this and are persistant, it will get done.  In other words, sqeak wheel, sqeak! And if you don't leave your name, it is common pratice there for them to figure, you don't care enough to leave your name, they won't respond.  And always always always, if you think there is a report beong done GET THE REPORT NUMBER.  If the report does not start with the last two digits of the present year followed by a dash, (09-???) they are blowing you off.

A.Malina

Quote from: Harvey on March 24, 2009, 08:03:09 PM
I email in when I find the baggies on my block . The first few times I would get a response, but have not for quite a while now. So I don't know how well the email is working.

Please -- keep reporting anyway.  Officers DO read these e-mails and do follow up.  They just are just short on time to e-mail back regularly.
If you can, you might also try calling -- and asking for the Drug Unit.  Worst case scenario, you can leave your message & information on their voicemail.  And -- thanks for reporting.  Wish more people would call PD regarding 'suspicious activity, people, and found objects...'.

Don't leave a message with the people that answer the phones at Berwyn Police.  I know for a fact the messages are rarely put through.  I wouldn't even leave a message on the offices, I know they listen and delete while rolling eye.  Talk to someone personally, even if is just the desk police person, (In person is best) then make sure you get their name and make it obvious you did.  Then still check back for updates.  If you do this and are persistant, it will get done.  In other words, sqeak wheel, sqeak! And if you don't leave your name, it is common pratice there for them to figure, you don't care enough to leave your name, they won't respond.  And always always always, if you think there is a report beong done GET THE REPORT NUMBER.  If the report does not start with the last two digits of the present year followed by a dash, (09-???) they are blowing you off.
Not in my experience. Called in a possible burglary last week, was asked for my name, said I did not wish to give it, and turned on my scanner.  I heard the the dispatcher immediately give out the information.  I saw the two officers checking it out -- total response time, about three minutes.
"I have never killed a man but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

Harvey

Quote from: A.Malina on March 24, 2009, 09:13:50 PM
Quote from: Harvey on March 24, 2009, 08:03:09 PM

Not in my experience. Called in a possible burglary last week, was asked for my name, said I did not wish to give it, and turned on my scanner.  I heard the the dispatcher immediately give out the information.  I saw the two officers checking it out -- total response time, about three minutes.

An in progress type of a call is a little different.   They have to dispatch those as fast as they get them.

buck911

i have to say tha the police in berwyn are more concered about going to see whats going on with some 18 year olds having a little card game at 10:30 at night on a saturday then some baggys on someones front lawn.

matador

I am new and I think it is great that this is here on the Forum. It really does serve a just purpose. Keep up the good work at reporting.
I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.—Groucho Marx

~LL~

Quote from: matador on January 07, 2013, 06:33:00 PM
I am new and I think it is great that this is here on the Forum. It really does serve a just purpose. Keep up the good work at reporting.

Welcome, matador!  For more information, go to berwynpolicedepartment.com and click on the Neighborhood Watch Block Captain Program icon.  And, yes -- reporting drug activity and any kind of suspicious activity will result in a safer and better community.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.