News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

8/16/06 COW

Started by OakParkSpartan, August 17, 2006, 02:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakParkSpartan

Erickson and Ramos absent (Was Erickson supposed to be out of town and isn't?)

How many times can we discuss barbers and cosmetologists?  After what seemed like hours, they decided upon combining the two, and capping it at the existing number.  Ace of Fades was brought up (again).  Some blather about getting sued due to discrimination because men can only get their hair cut at barbers or some such nonsense.

Preservation ordinance will be passed (Hurray!  Congrats to Lori Thelen and Bobby Lovero for their hard work on this many moons ago).

Not sure what is happening with two houses.

I'll finish this up tomorrow...too tired right now.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

hounddog

Ace of Fades is causing problems for the neighbors on that block. Heavy traffic, all-day loitering, ten-minute visits by cars and SUVS, frequent blocking of the alley, etc. 

Ted

8/17 ??   Brian, you must be able to predict the future  :D ;D :D

Also, I thought COW meetings no longer happened in weeks with no city council meeting?

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Ted Korbos on August 17, 2006, 07:01:55 AM

8/17 ??   Brian, you must be able to predict the future  :D ;D :D

Also, I thought COW meetings no longer happened in weeks with no city council meeting?

Hmm, yeah, you are right :-)

My prediction...more silly discussion.

I wrote it up after midnight, forgetting Today was really tomorrow :-)

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato