News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

9/26/06 Council meeting

Started by OakParkSpartan, September 27, 2006, 08:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakParkSpartan

I'll update this a little later...

One thing that I want to ask/comment upon (and I know I'll catch a bunch of crap for asking this)...

Last night, Chief Kushner spoke about the plans for policing in the community (new officers, new equipment, inter-governmental agreements), but the ONE item which stood out, because I can't ever recall hearing a city employee say it in public, was that the police department would be held ACCOUNTABLE.  A very simple statement, yet powerful. 

Can anyone refresh my memory when a city official stood up and said they would be accountable?  I don't recall hearing that in 18+ months of attending city council meetings.

A refreshing change.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bear

And who might I ask uttered such
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

OakParkSpartan

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bear

Despite our misgivings about some elected officials, I stand 200% behind
Kushner, he was the right man for this job, I pray the powers that be do not tie
this mans hands, BPD needs every resource to resolve our new problems.

The urgency of this problem must be first and foremost, there is zero room for
negotiation, we we need more officers...

Now.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

scoon

From day one I've liked the Chief.  I got the sense that he would hold himself accountable for each and every crime that occurred in this city.

Can anyone give more of a recap?  I couldn't make it this time.  --  I heard the bar hours item passed.  What else?