10/10/06 Council

Started by scoon, October 10, 2006, 09:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoon

This is by far the biggest circus I have seen so far.  It's gonna take a while to recap this one.

In the meantime...  I suggest you all contact Tony La right now and get the hell out.

troy

Eh, a realtor who actually replies to emails and phone calls would be preferable...

OakParkSpartan

It's not that bad scoon.

I wonder if Ald. FishAss realize's just how bad he makes the city look when he goes off on one of his rants.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Berwyn Patsy

I usually can't wait for Scoons recap, today I am dreading it.  I did not attend lasts night event.
I decided  to get hooked on the T.V. with "Dancing with the Stars".  From what I heard about lasts night episode, the council floor put Jerry Springer to shame. SHAME is the key word here!!!

tony la

Troy,

I tried to respond to your reply but your e mail is hidden.  Please contact me.  I have checked and I do not see a message from you.  Do you go by another name?
Tony LaMonica  Broker 1998 Hall Of Fame
Prudential RUBLOFF 708-795-5000
Director Chicago Association of Realtors
WWW.TONYLA.NET

scoon

Recap posted: http://www.berwyncommunitynews.com/

I'm late for a wine tasting at LaNotte.  Pardon the typos.

~LL~

Made me really sorry I missed this 'episode' -- yet what you wrote made it just as good as having been there! Thanks, Scoon.  Brilliant -- just brilliant!
Trivia:  When the fruit from the female Ginko trees falls -- and smashes or gets smashed -- the smell is akin to fresh vomit.  The warmer the day -- the more intense the smell.  Get 'em gone...
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Bear

The inept complexities here are incredible...My brain hurts, I'm not sure
where to start, but I will choose my logical path first.

I blame the mayor and city legal counsel for letting a council meeting degrade
to this level. Strict following of parliamentary procedures of RR of O would have prevented
such vile public acts of elected officials in a meeting to occur, and re-occur on a continuing basis.

Our elected officials do not understand the meaning of decorum, but then again do not have the intellect to grasp that concept.

Most of the aldermen have lost, or never understood the concept of why they were elected.

They were elected to serve the people of their ward, not make their every waking moment of life an agenda against the mayor. How many simple items to improve our lives have been deferred and sent back to COW? Time after time.

I call #1 to the carpet here, it was pitiful to hear of her myopic husband cat calling #3 during the meeting, and continuing even after police intervention, without being asked to leave.

Requests and concerns from residents in the first ward continue to degrade and fester. She is not working for her ward. Most of the other aldermen have a miserable track record as well.

I see no improvement in Berwyn in other wards. Our elected officials have no vision and no clue. I blame this on the mayor. Name one major accomplishment since the election. One?

I present your Berwyn boys and girls.

Mr. Carr, I give credit where credit is due...The inmates as you called them have FULL CONTROL of the asylum known as Berwyn, IL.

May the Good Lord protect Berwyn from our elected officials, or at least put His Hands around the neck of those who do not.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

scoon

Quote from: Bear on October 11, 2006, 08:55:52 PM
I call #1 to the carpet here, it was pitiful to hear of her myopic husband cat calling #3 during the meeting, and continuing even after police intervention, without being asked to leave.

Actually, The Mayor threatened to throw him out two times.

OakParkSpartan

There's no reason to sit in the front of the room and disrupt the meeting. 

If you disagree with someone, disagree like an adult...don't sit there making comments.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

scoon

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on October 12, 2006, 01:26:23 AM
There's no reason to sit in the front of the room and disrupt the meeting. 

If you disagree with someone, disagree like an adult...don't sit there making comments.

Cheers,
Brian

Good advice for the audience And the Aldermen....

Berwyn Patsy

Granted I was not at this council catastrophe.  Questions how is it, that the audience is not removed when being so disruptive?  If Mr. Chapman was so unruly, why wasn't he removed after the 1st warning? 
There should be 0 tolerance for ignorance and rudeness from any person in those chambers.
The whole meeting once again sounded low class and unprofessional by all in attendance.

OakParkSpartan

I think to avoid a big brouhaha.  Ald Chapman at one point said something about picking on her husband. 

I don't like the idea of people going to council with the intent of disrupting the meeting through catcalls.

The other folks in the house should lay off the clapping/cheering too.

Cheers,
Brian

scoon

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on October 12, 2006, 09:35:33 AM
The other folks in the house should lay off the clapping/cheering too.

Mayberry.

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Cozynite

I've been to countless City Council meetings (many before O'C) and quite honestly, I have never seen any spectacles like this before.  When Tom was in office, the meetings were not like this at all.  Berwyn is in shambles.

Say what you want about Marzullo, but when he was Chief, the crime rate was actually down b/c all of the criminals were too damn afraid to of him to do anything.  With O'C, it just seems to be a joke.  I hope Kushner makes a difference, I really do, because O'C isn't doing much except making us look like fools.

Cozynite

By the way, rumor has it that an alderman went to check on the status of the "illegal" work being done in City Hall over the weekend.  And Dan LeBeau (sp?) and another person who (was supposed to be working on this project) sitting at a table w/ quite a few beers in front of them.  I'm sorry, but how is that fixing City Hall?

I definitely encourage the Alderpeople to do an investigation into this because there is no way that the work being done will cost under $10,000.  No way.  I'm sure labor alone would cost at least 2/3 that much.

Ted

Quote from: cozynite on October 12, 2006, 11:24:08 AM
Say what you want about Marzullo, but when he was Chief, the crime rate was actually down b/c all of the criminals were too damn afraid to of him to do anything....

Yeah, right, all we need is to bring Marzullo back to form his own little Gestapo unit within the police department again to use against his political foes.

That's what they do in Communist Russia and Nazi Germany, not in America.

I highly doubt gangs decided not to come into Berwyn because Marzullo was chief and they were afraid of him.  Marzullo would be having the same problems that Kushner is facing with the large influx of Section 8 housing in the last few years.

As far as crime statistics, as Mark Twain said, there are 3 kinds of falsehoods - lies, damn lies and statistics.  Many people thought Marzullo was cooking the books.

Say what you will about the current administration, but Berwyn had to get rid of Marzullo.  Using the police department as a political tool is anti-American and against everything this country stands for.

Ted

Bear

Quote from: cozynite on October 12, 2006, 11:28:20 AM
By the way, rumor has it that an alderman went to check on the status of the "illegal" work being done in City Hall over the weekend.  And Dan LeBeau (sp?) and another person who (was supposed to be working on this project) sitting at a table w/ quite a few beers in front of them.  I'm sorry, but how is that fixing City Hall?

I definitely encourage the Alderpeople to do an investigation into this because there is no way that the work being done will cost under $10,000.  No way.  I'm sure labor alone would cost at least 2/3 that much.

I'm the first one to pop a cold one under correct conditions. Trashing in city hall regardless
of it being a weekend is wrong if this did occur. Who would open the city to such liability
issues, what if something happened?
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...