News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

10/10/06 Council

Started by scoon, October 10, 2006, 09:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakParkSpartan

Can we lay off the rumor's about particular employee's?  If you saw them doing it, fine, but you're making fairly serious accusations anonymously and that really stinks.

If it was volunteer work, can you really bitch if they were having a beer (not something I'd do, but other than moral outrage, were they breaking the law?)?

Do you really think Marzullo was better equipped to deal with the gangs?

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Cozynite

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on October 12, 2006, 12:26:09 PM
Can we lay off the rumor's about particular employee's?  If you saw them doing it, fine, but you're making fairly serious accusations anonymously and that really stinks.

If it was volunteer work, can you really bitch if they were having a beer (not something I'd do, but other than moral outrage, were they breaking the law?)?

Do you really think Marzullo was better equipped to deal with the gangs?

Cheers,
Brian

Ok, fine, it was a fact.  It was seen by someone.  And as far as it being volunteer work... I thought that they were getting paid.  Why would they be doing any work for free?  Unless they were to get favors in the future?

Don't you think that it's a bit odd that it would be volunteer work?  Wouldn't you want to be paid?

Btw, this  grammar dick says that there are no apostrophes after rumors and employees.

robertcarr

Did you see it (the drinking)? Or is it heresay?

Cozynite

I personally did not.  But the person who did see it would not lie about it.

Terri

That would be hearsey then.

Terri

OakParkSpartan

Would I do volunteer work?  For remodeling?  No.

For other things that I deem worthy, yes.

I personally don't think a municipality should be asking businesses to do work for free/donations.  I'd prefer to pay for it, so you know it is done right, and it isn't like this was a huge sum of money.

I don't like the idea of businesses "doing a favor" because inevitably someone expects those favors to be repaid.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

~LL~

If the work is being 'donated', or done by 'volunteers' from licensed contractors, etc. -- the City would have to require Certificates of Insurance or "Hold Harmless" Waivers -- right?
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Bear

I would think workmans comp at a minimum requirement
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

Quote from: cozynite on October 12, 2006, 11:24:08 AM
I've been to countless City Council meetings (many before O'C) and quite honestly, I have never seen any spectacles like this before.  When Tom was in office, the meetings were not like this at all.  Berwyn is in shambles.

Say what you want about Marzullo, but when he was Chief, the crime rate was actually down b/c all of the criminals were too damn afraid to of him to do anything.  With O'C, it just seems to be a joke.  I hope Kushner makes a difference, I really do, because O'C isn't doing much except making us look like fools.

Tom was half asleep most of the time. Onedon't need to be awake in order to act as a rubber stamp.

Marzullo? Is this SERIOUS? You're comparing Kushner to.........Marzullo???

The crime stats were down because Marzullo underreported them, plain and simple. Everybody and their brother knew that.

I've got an idea-lets bring back the old administration...Shaughnessy, Marzullo, Stillo, etc, etc...........the whole lot!!!!

How's that sound cozynite? Solve all of Berwyn's problems in a heartbeat.  :D
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Bonster

LOL...of course there was harmony; many were in bed together for better or worse.  What we have now is a motley crew of jokers with different agendas. 

And Marzullo's clan??  LOL...this used to be a great town to drive drunk in.  Now I have to wind my way thru Cicero and find the shortest path home.  j/k
Come on...who was in control when this town started its downward spiral?
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bonster

Quote from: scoon on October 11, 2006, 07:06:56 PM

I'm late for a wine tasting at LaNotte. 

...so you should have gotten there just in time for it...
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Dancing Queen

I've been to countless City Council meetings (many before O'C) and quite honestly, I have never seen any spectacles like this before.  When Tom was in office, the meetings were not like this at all.  Berwyn is in shambles.

Say what you want about Marzullo, but when he was Chief, the crime rate was actually down b/c all of the criminals were too damn afraid to of him to do anything.  With O'C, it just seems to be a joke.  I hope Kushner makes a difference, I really do, because O'C isn't doing much except making us look like fools.

Does Cozynite = *??   Why the name change?

Berwyn Patsy

Oh, oh, another one busted??

Dancing Queen

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on October 13, 2006, 07:11:29 AM
Oh, oh, another one busted??

BerwynPatsy, who is *?  Is that someone well known from the BRDO?

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

I actually like cozynites input on many topics, but on this one, well...lets just say that some people are predisposed to hating EVERYTHING O'C. The guy could part the Red Sea and walk on water, and some would still find fault. I know there's quite a few things O'C is responsible for, but I'm not sure the crime rate is one of them. If we're going to compare Marzullo to someone, then it should be Kushner (laughable as that is), not O'C.

And as far as City Council decorum, all I can say is it takes 9 to tango!
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Dancing Queen

Quote from: P-PANTHER on October 13, 2006, 07:41:19 AM
And as far as City Council decorum, all I can say is it takes 9 to tango!

For those who say city council meetings have changed, all I can say is that you shoulda been there in October, 1999 when the OC led the fight to reject Jimmy Stillo as a replacement for Sonny Stillo as 7th Ward alderman. All the Italians from the 7th ward were out in full force that night and it was the worst city council meeting I have ever seen in terms of decorum; worse than any of the current council meetings.

In fact, many of the city council meetings in late 1999 and in 2000 matched the shenanigans of the current city council meetings, with the OC and Alex Bojovijc playing the role of Captain Chaos and his sidekick from the 6th Ward.

Fron and Pechota broke from Marzullo and voted against Jimmy Stillo and Marzullo repaid them by denying salary increases and promotions to their sons and brothers who were firemen and policemen.

What goes around, comes around.

cozynite

Quote from: Dancing Queen on October 13, 2006, 07:02:43 AM

Does Cozynite = *??   Why the name change?

Honestly, I was so aggravated by the continuous comments and such, that I deleted my account.  Of course, 5 minutes later, I decided that it shouldn't be so easy...  So now I start fresh.
"Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
-- Mao Tse-Tung

Dancing Queen

Quote from: sparks on October 13, 2006, 01:07:01 PM
Honestly, I was so aggravated by the continuous comments and such, that I deleted my account.  Of course, 5 minutes later, I decided that it shouldn't be so easy...  So now I start fresh.

Let me see if I understand this - the person who used to be Cozynite is now Sparks?

Why would you have been aggravated by the comments about Marzullo?  The comments were not directed against you.

cozynite

Honestly, I was just getting tired of the constant negativity (and sometimes the counterproductivity) on this board.  Instead of stepping away, I deleted.
"Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
-- Mao Tse-Tung

delbowz

Sparks -

it's good to have you back....

I like to think this board has provided more healthy debate lately then just negativity.  We are all WAY too opinionated to be able to be quiet when we disagree - but the majority of the time - as you know - it's the concept that's being disagreed with - not the person who presented it. (I say MOST of the time, because,well, you know - there have been exceptions).

thanks for sticking it out.

Denise
Life is too important to be taken seriously. - Oscar Wilde