News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

10/10/06 Council

Started by scoon, October 10, 2006, 09:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

No need to get down about it sparks. Remember though that NEGATIVITY (if that's how you want to term it) encompasses comments directed towars O'C as well as those directed to the old guard. It's not a one way street.
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

scoon

This board wouldn't have so many disagreements if everyone would just think the way I do.

Before you post, ask yourself:  WWSS

What would Scoon say?

Then ask yourself how the hell Mrs. Scoon can put up with me.

Count DMC

QuoteAll the Italians from the 7th ward were out in full force that night and it was the worst city council meeting I have ever seen in terms of decorum; worse than any of the current council meetings.

Those damn 7th Ward Italians who did they think they were trying to get a guy in who the voters of the ward wanted in? Thats insane!
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

Quote from: countdemontecristo on October 13, 2006, 04:28:59 PM
QuoteAll the Italians from the 7th ward were out in full force that night and it was the worst city council meeting I have ever seen in terms of decorum; worse than any of the current council meetings.

Those damn 7th Ward Italians who did they think they were trying to get a guy in who the voters of the ward wanted in? Thats insane!

Hey< La Pantera is the LAST guy in the world who would want to have the 7th Ward Italians upset at him, but it shouldn't have been a problem getting the desired candidate in if he/they would have waited until election time and VOTED him in. Novel concept, really.
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Quote from: scoon on October 13, 2006, 04:17:40 PM

Then ask yourself how the hell Mrs. Scoon can put up with me.

You pay to bob for apples! :D ;D

Dancing Queen

Quote from: countdemontecristo on October 13, 2006, 04:28:59 PM

It may have turned out better for the Dems.  The "compromise" replacement for Jimmy Stillo was Bobby Lovero.  After that city council meeting, Jimmy moved out of Berwyn (he had just gotten married, if I remember correctly).  I don't think his new bride wanted any part of Berwyn politics!!!

I don't think Jimmy had the fire in the belly to be a politician anyway.  Lovero does.  I am surprised when I hear that the OC and Jimmy are friendly with each other, after what happened.  The OC said some really nasty things that night.

Even with Erickson and Phelan and the other goings on, I don't think any city council meeting can match that meeting in 1999. I have never seen such raw emotion expressed by Berwyn's political players as I did that night.

With all due respect to Jim Stillo., I highly doubt that Bob Lovero can be viewed as a "compromise" choice.

Dancing Queen

Quote from: P-PANTHER on October 13, 2006, 05:28:54 PM
With all due respect to Jim Stillo., I highly doubt that Bob Lovero can be viewed as a "compromise" choice.

Compromise in the sense that Fron and Pechota were willing to vote for Lovero but not for Stillo.  To get the 7th Ward seat filled, Marzullo and Shaughnessy needed Fron's vote and Pechota's vote.