Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

11/14/06 Council Meeting

Started by OakParkSpartan, November 15, 2006, 01:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Fuentes

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on November 15, 2006, 08:26:54 AM

Erickson called for the cell phone records of Jean Marie Hajer??  Wonder what he thinks he's going to find?

Maybe he wants to find out what she was doing on 16th Street on 11-6-06 after 10 PM, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, who she was with. :coreyhart:

If that's the case, he can just call ME.

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

How in God's name is #8 going to get Jeanmarie Hajer's cell phone records? Nothing surprises me anymore in Bewrwyn.
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: P-PANTHER on November 15, 2006, 03:07:07 PM
How in God's name is #8 going to get Jeanmarie Hajer's cell phone records? Nothing surprises me anymore in Bewrwyn.

It's a city phone.  Alledgedly.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Good luck in trying to prove who called who, then.

In any event, what's #8 trying to prove?
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

cozynite

"Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
-- Mao Tse-Tung

Mike Phelan

I am the one who asked the finance department to turn over the records of her cell phone, not alderman Erickson.  It is regarding an incident I believe none of you are aware of and has nothing to do with the remodeling of city hall.

Bear

#6, your action of even requesting such proves how people like yourself prevent
Berwyn from moving forward. Your ward and city expects much more than foolishness
such as this.

What, did Jean call you and threaten to bitch slap you?

We are tired of such, I pity the residents of your ward.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Count DMC

QuoteI am the one who asked the finance department to turn over the records of her cell phone, not alderman Erickson.  It is regarding an incident I believe none of you are aware of and has nothing to do with the remodeling of city hall.

Could that be the time that you and another alderwoman and another former employee were caught in the parking lot of Jack's spying on the City Hall remod  after hours? Or is that something else?
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

Ald. Phelan,

Surely you're speaking in jest, aren't you?

T-Stan RPCV

I heard a rumor that there was also debate that the fire department purchased new defibrillators to replace a couple that were not functioning properly.  Apparently one of the alderman (Mr. Phelan??) felt this should have gone out to bid.

On the face this appears fairly straight forward - bad defibrillators for emergency response personell?  ya replace the things ASAP.   How would this sound to a jury; "Sorry son, Daddy's dead because the city is waiting for the bid opening on new defibrillators".

There has to be more to this than what I was told (at least I hope so).  Can anyone who was their elaborate?

Berwyn Patsy

Sorry Mike, I was the one who thought Erickson was requesting the phone records.
Just a word of advice, make sure this is big stuff and worth the publicity , otherwise you may pay the price of appearing foolish and childish.  Some times I think your a pretty smart guy, and your heart is  in the right place, other times I wonder?  I don't want this to be one of those last times.  I apologize for the mistake in identity.

Bear

Quote from: T-Stan RPCV on November 15, 2006, 08:22:50 PM
I heard a rumor that there was also debate that the fire department purchased new defibrillators to replace a couple that were not functioning properly.  Apparently one of the alderman (Mr. Phelan??) felt this should have gone out to bid.

On the face this appears fairly straight forward - bad defibrillators for emergency response personell?  ya replace the things ASAP.   How would this sound to a jury; "Sorry son, Daddy's dead because the city is waiting for the bid opening on new defibrillators".

There has to be more to this than what I was told (at least I hope so).  Can anyone who was their elaborate?

Not to worry T-Stan...I sent BFD my recipe for a quick defib device if
they got into a jam.

This is how we get around budget in this town.

http://dansprojector.livejournal.com/82443.html
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Sam Canino

The Council allowed the Fire Dept to purchase the two defibrillators without going out for bid.There has to be an adjustment to one line item in the budget to cover the cost. So don't worry Bear won't be riding on the ambulance with his home made paddles.At least something good came out of that council meeting besides all the proclamations,which seems to be the only thing they will agree on.Just for the record any purchase over $10,000 has to go out for bid but this is not like pouring concrete or paving a lot. #6 just showed his childhood mentality by belittling the Fire Chief about how many suppliers the Chief said supply that product.

T-Stan RPCV

OakParkSpartan

For some things, you want to rely upon an expert, or at least someone who is very familiar...sadly, that doesn't happen too often in this town.

I've  also heard the Administration Hearing on  Monday will be closed.  Can't have a witchhunt  in public, can you???

Sorry Mike, but with the comments you guys make every council meeting about certain city employees, this smacks of petty revenge and using the power of office to harass an employee.  Doing it behind closed doors certainly does not help that appearance.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Mike Phelan

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on November 15, 2006, 08:28:37 PM
Sorry Mike, I was the one who thought Erickson was requesting the phone records.
Just a word of advice, make sure this is big stuff and worth the publicity , otherwise you may pay the price of appearing foolish and childish.  Some times I think your a pretty smart guy, and your heart is  in the right place, other times I wonder?  I don't want this to be one of those last times.  I apologize for the mistake in identity.
Pat,

First of all, thank you for the kind words.  Second, I would not be pursuing it if I didn't think it were VERY serious.  I really would rather not talk about it in detail right now for obvious reasons.  There are other upstanding individuals who also witnessed what I believe is VERY disturbing and unprofessional behavior.  A full investigation will be done in a timely matter.  I have always been honest with everyone on here.  We may not always agree on things but I have never lied to anyone.
As far as the mistake in identity goes, don't worry about it.  Everyone makes mistakes.

Mike Phelan

Quote from: Sam Canino on November 15, 2006, 09:10:05 PM
The Council allowed the Fire Dept to purchase the two defibrillators without going out for bid.There has to be an adjustment to one line item in the budget to cover the cost. So don't worry Bear won't be riding on the ambulance with his home made paddles.At least something good came out of that council meeting besides all the proclamations,which seems to be the only thing they will agree on.Just for the record any purchase over $10,000 has to go out for bid but this is not like pouring concrete or paving a lot. #6 just showed his childhood mentality by belittling the Fire Chief about how many suppliers the Chief said supply that product.
Sam,

There is an old saying that goes, "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part".  I was trying to prove a point.  The chief had to know a long time ago that he would be needing these.  He did nothing.  This isn't the first time something like this has happened with him.  He doesn't really impress me and I know I am by far not the only one on the council floor who feels this way.  I guess I am just the only one who is willing to state it publicly.

Mike

T-Stan RPCV

Quote from: Mike Phelan on November 15, 2006, 11:08:14 PM
There are other upstanding individuals who also witnessed what I believe is VERY disturbing and unprofessional behavior. 

I have also witnessed unprofessional behavior.  Specifically an alderman who constituently throws out personal insults in public then accuses others of being "unprofessional".  This petty bullshit has got to stop if things are gonna get done.

Mike - I agree with Patsy in that you have potential to move things forward.   Please work to prioritize and pick your battles to get done what really needs to get done.   Its a tough thing to do but ya gotta learn to bite your tongue or step back from the computer for a while and check your head before posting.  Obviously, you are not the only one on council who has this problem buy you are one of the few whose ego has not grown to the point where you won't listening to suggestions.

Can someone please explain to me exactly who the cell phone in question belongs to?

And just a note of caution-I would make sure whoever is requesting the records have subpoena power to do so, and that whoever turns them over do so only as a result of a validly issued subpoena.

OakParkSpartan

The request was for the cell phone records of JeanMarie's city phone. The city owns the phone, JeanMarie carries it.

This whole process  stinks to high heaven, and they are using the open meetings act to conduct a personal  vendetta.

Cheers,
Brian