News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Yet Another Bungalow on the Informer Site... For Sale!

Started by Cheeky Monkey, January 05, 2007, 07:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeky Monkey

Well,
Here is the latest home tour I have posted on the site.

http://www.berwyninformer.com/Homes_Tour_Interiors.html

One hell of a house for the price!

Sean

Bonster

2101 RIDGELAND...across from a fine row of funkytown 3 flats. 

I see in the PDF provided by the seller, a kids room. 
Think they're moving from or within Berwyn? 

Observations:

• They're obviously doing well for themselves, and the house is tastefully decorated (not over the top, artistically).
  • ...dig the 50's sytle basement furniture (& the dual flat screen monitors by the glass block window (+ aero)- neat work area). 
  • Basement bath with shower a big plus! 
  • How 'bout the diagonal tile ceiling in the kitchen? 
  • The register cover in the bathroom must be for looks, unless one looks forward to sitting diagonally on the toilet ;D.   
  • Nice brick garage (windows replaced with wood forms), corner lot to boot 

Question:
Will another upwardly mobile family with kids ever stay
put in this house like the original owners? 
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bru67

Quote from: Bonster on January 06, 2007, 12:10:52 PM
2101 RIDGELAND...across from a fine row of funkytown 3 flats. 

I see in the PDF provided by the seller, a kids room. 
Think they're moving from or within Berwyn? 

Observations:

• They're obviously doing well for themselves, and the house is tastefully decorated (not over the top, artistically).
  • ...dig the 50's sytle basement furniture (& the dual flat screen monitors by the glass block window (+ aero)- neat work area). 
  • Basement bath with shower a big plus! 
  • How 'bout the diagonal tile ceiling in the kitchen? 
  • The register cover in the bathroom must be for looks, unless one looks forward to sitting diagonally on the toilet ;D.   
  • Nice brick garage (windows replaced with wood forms), corner lot to boot 

Question:
Will another upwardly mobile family with kids ever stay
put in this house like the original owners? 

My best guess is probably moving from Berwyn, though you don't know the reasons -- job transfer, financial circumstances, divorce, family circumstances, who knows?  People move for a million reasons.  Not like too many people "upgrade" within Berwyn since the houses are all very similar -- Riverside Drive and the Super Bungalows ("SBs") on Maple excepted -- and they would appear to be too young to downsize into a condo or townhome. 

Very nice interior, I agree.  Giving me some ideas for my upstairs!

Key to making upwardly mobile families stay is pretty simple -- schools, as we've said many 'a time.  Help out on this and join CARES today!

Cheeky Monkey

Actually the owners are good friends of ours and I posted their house as a favor.
They are moving to another state for family reasons and they will be greatly missed.
The wife has a very successful dance studio on Madison St. in Forest Park and the
husband is a great graphic designer. We wish them the best with their move.

Sean

Bonster

He is good...check out his work by backing up on the url where the PDF was stored...
http://www.braintrustdesign.com/

I've seen a lot of bungalows where people have gone off the deep end artistically.  I love the way they set this up.  If it was on East or OPA I'd consider it. 
Our home was owned by an artistic couple, and though it's a serious rehabber, the area on which they focused and their presentation was fantastic.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"