News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

House Painter Recommendation

Started by Boris, January 18, 2007, 10:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boris

Looking for suggestions for a painter- house exterior. Preferrably a contractor who has experience with stone and concrete.

thanks in advance.
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

Boris

Bump. I got one suggestion...anyone else have good luck with a painter they wish to share?

OakParkSpartan

Have you checked Angie's list?

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Boris

scoon

I'm not sure if they do outdoor painting, but we used Classic Painting based on Saluki's recommendation to paint a few rooms and were very pleased with the work and the price.

Theo @ Classic Painting:  708-749-0011

renovatorbear

Quote from: scoonI'm not sure if they do outdoor painting, but we used Classic Painting based on Saluki's recommendation to paint a few rooms and were very pleased with the work and the price.

Based on recommendations here, I hired Theo at Classic to paint 2 of our guestrooms.  The painter sent did an excellent job.  So when I decided to have our window trim all around the exterior of the house painted last fall I hired them again.  That was a mistake.  That time I got two painters. One was OK, but the other was fairly lazy, not very bright and a really bad painter.  Messy, messy, messy...paint splatters on bricks, drips on concrete, etc.  We won't go into the mess he left in my newly rehabbed bathroom... 

It took us hours of work to correct his sloppiness.  And there is more to do when the weather gets nice...

mrs. scoon

Quote from: renovatorbear on February 20, 2007, 03:51:16 PM
Quote from: scoonI'm not sure if they do outdoor painting, but we used Classic Painting based on Saluki's recommendation to paint a few rooms and were very pleased with the work and the price.

Based on recommendations here, I hired Theo at Classic to paint 2 of our guestrooms.  The painter sent did an excellent job.  So when I decided to have our window trim all around the exterior of the house painted last fall I hired them again.  That was a mistake.  That time I got two painters. One was OK, but the other was fairly lazy, not very bright and a really bad painter.  Messy, messy, messy...paint splatters on bricks, drips on concrete, etc.  We won't go into the mess he left in my newly rehabbed bathroom... 

It took us hours of work to correct his sloppiness.  And there is more to do when the weather gets nice...

Did you call back and say something to them?  Just curious what the reponse would be.
You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.  - Eleanor Roosevelt