News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

For No Sane Reason....

Started by Paul Fuentes, July 06, 2005, 12:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Fuentes

Que tan noche escribes,

Le voy a llamar a la chica que sale de las 9 a 10 en el 66(la Regia de MTY).  Y despues, a el gordo y la flaca para que te entrevisten.  Despues de eso, te gravo bailando el pasito Durangese y lo pongo en el show de Caliente.  Para acabar, le pido a los Tigeres del Norte que te pongan en su siguiente video. 

Mas en serio, este foro a creado algo muy positivo para nuestra comunidad. El caso donde pedias apoyo solo es un ejemplo, donde todos nos reuinimos en apoyar al proximo.

Ana

You have a vivid imagination.  I wouldn't mind being on Los Tigeres del Norte's next video.  Let me know so I can hit the gym.   ::)

I agree, this site has been very positive for our community and we need to continue supporting each other when it comes to our immediate communities.  I also like the fact that we can all offer our perspective on issues and share information on our City.  I am certainly not walking around this City with my eyes closed any longer.  I am in the know.

BTW, I am so hooked on HGTV right now, that any chance I get, I am there late at night.  I was in the middle of watching Dreamcatcher but had to turn it off.  Too late for scary movies.   :o
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Paul Fuentes

FYI.  Le di $300 a Tovar para la fiesta de cuadra de ustedes.  Solo les pido que agan buena pachanga.    Y acuerdese, tocante a los Tigeres, soy el jefe de jefes.....

Ana

Gracias!!  Llegas, si? 

Was the donation on behalf of a certain organization?  Regardless, thanks.  That was mighty thoughtful of you.  I am hoping it will be a success.  Any connections with the Sonora Dinamita?  They are more up my alley. . . jefe.   ;)
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Ana

I thought I was doing a good job of translating.  I'm hurt.

Paul Fuentes

Just a chance to practice writing it Berwynite.  Keep the movie posts coming.

T-Stan RPCV

from "This is Spinal Tap" - you can't get more "B" than that

(asked to write his own epitaph)  "Here lies David St. Hubbins... and why not?"

ruffian

Lines from movies I use in real life

Gary Oldman - The Professional - I don't have time for any of this Mickey Mouse Bullshit

Gary Oldamn - The Professional - You'll have to excuse my mood

Pacino - Scarface - when someone says they WERE going to do something you respond ....... so den why didnchoo man

or

calling someone a Hosa ....... pig that don't fly straight

inside joke between me and nephew ... John Wayne ... Rio Bravo ... you want that gun ? ... pick it up

Sigourney Weaver - Aliens - very pretty Bishop ... but what are we looking at

enough for now

markberwyn

Some personal favorites that haven't been mentioned yet (I think):

Heathers ("F--- me gently with a chainsaw!")

Carnival of Souls

Freddy Got Fingered (Am I the one with any love for this one? It's so ridiculously over the top it transcends stupid and hits the sublime.)

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Though at this point the movie's been so heavily canonized I don't think it counts as a B-movie anymore.)
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Bru67

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on July 06, 2005, 10:48:31 PM
Great responses.  Slapshot is a DEFINITELY in my top twenty "B" list.  Just to hone the issue, the "for no sane reason" prerequisite means that the movies you select cannot have any Academy Award steet cred.  This list is confined to those movies the critics did not give 4 stars to, but YOU like them or no sane reason.  But yet, there is a scene, a theme, a line, or host of lines that stick in your memory.

I love these lists :D  Don't have time to put all of mine down but 1985's Better off Dead tops my no sane reason list, if only because Savage Steve Holland named his antagonist "Roy Stalin," which of course gives the characters chances to utter lines like "Stalin's a hero!"  A work of genius.   

WIZARD

My favorite is Aliens and Bill Paxon's rant after the rescue ship crashes...
This is F' great, what the F' we going to do now,...

Also Goodfellas,,, you think I'm funny???

Pee Wee's Big Adventure... and the Tequila dance!

finallly The Three Amigos...countless funny lines. 

Oz

Paul Fuentes

Fargo??  Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?  You are hereby sent to the frozen tundra of Siberia (or Lambaeu Field).

Once again, academy street cred disqualifies a movie.  Both mentioned wre either nominated or won an Oscar (what a stupid name for an Award..Must be a Kosher Nostra conspiracy). 

Better off Dead is a great call.  Excuse me while I snort some snow and cleanse my tentacles. 

Little Teddy Bear Lynched

markberwyn

Ha! Love it! What's with this no-ordering-online business, though?

Favorite line: "(available in L, XL and 2XL only)" Talk about knowing your audience.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Paul Fuentes

The Sven is cool, and a Berwyn original.  But his hosting of the stooges sux (realize it might be his choice).  Want to see more stooge, esp. Curly, less smooge.  And shorting episodes iis unforgivable.

Jose Wales

Berwyn GOP

Quote from: Bear on July 06, 2005, 06:06:34 PM
Quote from: Art on July 06, 2005, 02:07:13 PM
A Christmas Story (the lamp is lighting a home in South Berwyn

I found the place that sells that lamp, they are in Elk Grove $135.
It even comes with the wood crate.

Man....talking moosehead from Menards and this lamp...
Do I know how to make a statement or what!

Betty's Attic has the lamp for $50. www.bettysattic.com or 1-800-294-4068 (Catalog Edition XXIX - Item AH-44827).