News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Tree trimmer recommendation

Started by bahas, June 01, 2007, 05:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count DMC

Quote from: Bear on June 02, 2007, 11:11:33 AM
I have been thinking about doing something with my parkway, a few houses around me have done nice treatments, they are just so plain and boring.

Did you get a bump on your welfare or something?
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

Ana

Okay, screwed up. . . I thought the tree service was Lyons, but it wasn't.  It is Northern Tree Service, Inc. 708*309*1150.  Steve Jakubik is the owner.  Very nice man.  I apologize.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Get REAL

Does anyone know how Bahas tree trimming tured out? $250 seems a little steep!

bahas

get real-
by the time i got around to getting all the quotes, i had fruit on the trees so i decided to wait till fall before pruning/shaping.  i will probably go with the original estimate of $250.  i guess everybody just trims these small trees branch by branch (as i would have to) so it would take a few hours plus cleanup.  normally, i do all landscaping maintenance myself, but i really, really hate trimming trees.  i tried it last year and gave up after 45 minutes. 

Get REAL

hey bahas ck this web site out, very good info http://news.theolympian.com/specialsections/Home/20020309/31941.shtml take a deep breath, take your time,take a drink, 1.cut any dead first. 2.any branches that are crossing each other, 3. now trim any downward hanging limbs, keep in mind the 1/3 rule. (do not cut off more than one third of the total mass of the tree in one season (year) or it will FREAK,)once you get the hang of it, it's fun and rather zen like. your trees will love you for it.also thinning makes for  bigger fruit. yum yum ;D Happy trimming. get Real

stickler

I had a bad experience w/Lyons Tree Service. They left before finishing and wouldn't return my calls. Plus, they damaged a fence w/o even apologizing.

kracor

Same bad experience w/Lyons. Scratched up one gate, took a chunk (nearly 2 feet strip) out of another wood gate board and dismissed it as no big deal. (But didn't offer to fix it, either!). Avoid.