News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

War of the Worlds

Started by OakParkSpartan, July 10, 2005, 09:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakParkSpartan

Boy, did that suck! 

It is amazing to me that hollywood is whining about revenues falling when they consider this a "good" movie.  Get a clue people!

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

BlackDog

Although I haven't seen "War of the Worlds" & won't,  I agree with your comment of hollywood movies.  We haven't been to the show in aprox. 5 years.  Hollywood seems to make movies for males 16-25 years old. Mostly junk!  We rarely rent movies and when we do, they tend to be independent films.  Did anyone see "Crash"?  I'm looking for forward to it's release on DVD.

hvychev

Movies do totally suck these days. I usually live off of older movies.

Black dog I heard that Crash was excelent.

Bru67

Crash was excellent.  One of the best films I've seen in quite some time.  Well worth seeing.  I haven't seen WOW, but may rent it on DVD when it comes out.  Tom Cruise just annoys me, I don't know why. 

OakParkSpartan

Why, every time there was a need for him to drive somewhere, was there this miraculous path that was open...through a plane crash and along an interstate, people had conveniently stopped their cars so that he could get through...

And that blonde kid should have been fed to the aliens right of the bat. 

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

T-Stan RPCV

I have a big problem with War of the Worlds and not sure if I can bring myself to watch it.  H.G. Wells was a founding father of the sci-fi/fantasy genre.  The book was written in the late 1800s and we get Tom Cruise zippin around in cars?  Instead of supporting the movie I've decided to re-read the book.

This is the 2nd classic thev've f'ed up this year.  Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was another great (and very funny) trashed by modern film makers.  The greatness of Hitchhikers (the book) was not the action, it was the dialog and style of writing. Very little, if any, translated well into the movie.

At least Jackson got LOTR right.

OakParkSpartan

I didn't see Hitchhikers....somehow, I don't know how it could improve over what I painted in my mind, and it sounds like that was the correct choice.