News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

80's Movies

Started by OICU812, June 24, 2007, 11:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OICU812

This is a calling. A calling to see if you people out there know their movies from the 80's. If you opened this, you must name a movie within this great era. Let's go back and remember our favorite movies that we enjoyed watching. There are so many good movies made in the 80's. Lets try and list 100 movies from the 80's.

Just list your name and your movie under the following. Please review the list to make sure that someone else has not put down the same movies. NO REPEATS, LET'S HAVE FUN GOING BACK AND REMEMBERING ALL THE GOOD ONES.

OICU812 - Breakfast Club

A.Malina

The Blues Brothers.
Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
Uncle Buck.
The Princess Bride.
"I have never killed a man but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

one eye open

Fast times at Ridgemont high
Stripes
Blue Velvet
Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly, I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked about such a thing.
~Dwight D. Eisenhower

TyRy

St. Elmo's Fire
The Ousiders
Red Dawn

ETA - forgot a couple:

Sixteen candles
About Last Night
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi

Robert Pauly

Raging Bull
ET
Raiders of the Lost Ark

Ted

Back to the Future I
  Back to the Future II
  Back to the Future III
  Ghost Busters
  My Dinner With Andre
  Fatal Attraction
  Chariots of Fire
  Flashdance
  Footloose
  Dirty Dancing
  Fame

Bear

Hmmm...off the top of my head:

Platoon
Die Hard
Untouchables
The Shining
Stand by Me - A sleeper you may have missed (by Rob Reiner, Princess Bride)
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

rbain

Urgh! a Music War
Wings of Desire
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
True
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

Bonster

What?  Nobody mentioned Faces of Death? 
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Ted

I forgot one - one of my favorite movies

Field of Dreams

A.Malina

Quote from: Bonster on June 24, 2007, 07:03:33 PM
What?  Nobody mentioned Faces of Death? 
LOL!! your favorite?
"I have never killed a man but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

rbain

Urgh! a Music War
Wings of Desire
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
True Stories
Tampopo
Kagemusha
Ran

Stranger than Paradise
Down by Law
Mystery Train

-Rob
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

A.Malina

The Gods Must Be Crazy

~LL~

My ATF:  "Good Morning, Vietnam".
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Count DMC

I saw Ghostbusters and Red Dawn double feature at the Twin Drive-In, Awesome!!
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

A.Malina

Quote from: Count DMC on June 24, 2007, 08:18:12 PM
I saw Ghostbusters and Red Dawn double feature at the Twin Drive-In, Awesome!!
RED DAWN!! And don't forget TAPS ...

Count DMC

Dude!!! TAPS AWESOME!!!!! What a line up!!!!

Also Sid and Nancy and Repo Man!!
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

apatriot

Scarface.  A lot of great lines came out of that movie.

Count DMC

Wargames
To live and Die In LA
Manhunter
Band of the Hand

Bonster

Blood Sucking Freaks
Phantasm
Insatiable
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"