News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

More Classic / Cult 60's / 70's Movies

Started by ruffian, July 12, 2005, 04:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruffian

Incredible Shrinking Man - 1957 but I had to stick it in here

The Time Machine (Rod Taylor)

Forbidden Planet

Deliverance

Mash (the movie with Donald Sutherland, Elliott Gould, Robert Duvall, and Sally Kellerman as Hot Lips)

The Haunting - with Julie Harris

Rosemary's Baby

Bonnie & Clyde (C.W. Moss ... dirt ... dirt in the fuel line ... just blowed it away), all performances were stellar

The Great Escape - of course with my idol - Steve McQueen

The Deer Hunter - DeNiro - 1978 - Excellent - but hard movie to watch

Dirty Dozen

Clockwork Orange

2001 - Space Odyssey

Cool Hand Luke

One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest (Nicholson)

Not mentioning movies like The Godfather, as youngersters today are quite aware of films like this

that's all for now.

markberwyn

Don't forget all the great blaxploitation films. My personal fave is Avenging Disco Godfather.

Russ Meyer!
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Paul Fuentes

The Pam Grier prison movies bear mention here too.  I spent some $ at both McVickers and Ramova.

WIZARD

How about Gargoyles, and Trilogy of Terror.  Those two scared the bejesuses out of me.  Remember the little african doll chasing Karen Black.  Or the Original Excorist.  Remember all the controversy about that movie.  People screaming out of the movie theatres and the Church getting involved.  Also the Bruce Lee movies...Five Fingers of Death!