News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

SiCKO

Started by kurto, June 28, 2007, 11:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurto

Got to see this movie last week at an advance screening and thought it was well done.
Moore does not offer any solutions, but does a good job showing what happens in this country
if you do not have health insurance and get hurt.  Wanted to start this thread to see what others
thought of it as it opens tomorrow.
The most efficient form of birth control is to spend a Saturday afternoon at North Riverside Mall

Juliet

Kurto, I saw the movie last night at the Quarry.  I hope it opens up a dialogue of country wide conversation on how we can improve our healthcare system.
Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.   Proverbs 22:6

Bear

Here is some reality from 60402 regarding healthcare...

There were four patients in ICU today at MacNeal, (critical care) all came from
Pinnacle on Harlem (formerly Fairfax nursing home).

City hall just recently passed more privilege regarding patient care
at this facility.

All four of the people had rotting flesh from not being attended properly,
one woman's spine was completely exposed from bed sores due to rotted flesh.

Cook county health department is the frontline to deal with such, they do not.

Where was Bob Pechous and the Berwyn Health Department to prevent such?

He was in a bar at 9am...

And this is not even on the OC's wavelength...

It must be some type of buddy system, Eh?

...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Bear on July 01, 2007, 10:29:58 PM

City hall just recently passed more privilege regarding patient care
at this facility.

City hall as in City council?

Not sure exactly what you mean.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Berwyn Patsy

I think I have asked this question before.  What does our Health Dept do to ensure our safety in this City?
They should make inspections of our restaurants, occasionally, not just when there is a complaint. Nursing Homes, is that part of the Health Dept's. territory?

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Terri

Nursing Homes in the State of Illinois are regulated by the Ill. Dept. of Public Health.  I would suggest to you Bear if these patients are family members you should file a complaint with the IDPH today. 

http://www.idph.state.il.us/healthca/nursinghometestjava.htm

Now, back to SICKO

Kit

I've seen Sicko recently and was stunned.  By far Michael Moore's best film yet -- he keeps his bully theatrics to a minimum and makes a very strong statement through the voices of others.  I've long been a proponent of universal health care, and I still had much to learn from the film.  I think that everyone who has a negative impression of universal health care would be pleasantly surprised by the information the movie provides.
The internet is to philosophy as bumper stickers are to politics.