News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

From SILK

Started by Boris, July 18, 2008, 11:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boris

And lastly, I didn't see anyone else unable to put together a cherent sentence.
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

ZORBA

That's great Boris.

Having a little fun based on something I posted from a Palm Pilot? Without the ability to go back and modify or edit? It's a message board, where people often post in textese, incomplete and gramatically incorrect sentences, and in a hurry. And if you're posting from a Palm Pilot in a car, its kind of hard to go back and proofread and/or edit.

Questioning MY grammar will not get you far on this board. Plus, I've already told you I'm voting for Obama. ;)

Boris

...dude, you grabbed the ball and ran in completely the wrong direction. The quote is funny because of the word that is mistyped and the context in which it's presented...it would be funny no matter who typed it...I'm not questioning YOUR grammar, that's not what this section of BTF is about.

It's about fun/interesting/crazy quotes from the members. Not for digs and jabs...that's what all of the rest of BTF is for.  ;)
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

ZORBA

I got it. Just having a little fun also.

Ted

OK, even though I'm a Sox fan, I still laughed when I read this quote:

In any event, what's your alternative? Getting your passport checked at 35th and Shields so you can sit next to Vito the Plumber with his asscrack hanging out who's moaning about his union dues and checking out "babes" with four teeth chugging beer from a bottle and belching to the tune of NA NA NA NA?

berwynguy

Quote from: The Jackal on October 15, 2010, 10:15:20 PM
Mrs, N.,

I don't need a primer on Berwyn grammar school districts. I was a District 100 student when you were still strumming a banjo somewhere south of the Mason Dixon line.

I almost pissed myself again when I just reread this! LOL.  Not nice, but I guess he never claimed to be.

For effect:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_SqbmDE
Unfortunately, this ain't your grandmother's Berwyn anymore.

Ted

Oak Park is paying porterhouse prices for......porterhouse.

Berwyn is paying skirt steak prices for.....meatloaf, but being told its a quarter pounder.