News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Historic Berwyn's Bungalow Tour

Started by OakParkSpartan, July 21, 2005, 11:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakParkSpartan

That folks, is the official name of what we've been calling the Bungalow Walk. 

All types of houses are welcome to apply.  All folks are invited to volunteer.  We will likely need 100+ people to assist the day of the tour.  There are also tasks which need to be completed prior to the tour (obviously).

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

BlackDog

Please refresh my memory--Has a date been set for the Bungalow Tour?

OakParkSpartan

I want to say June 4, 2006.  But I am not 100% certain.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Neighbor

pkd50

Is the tour being planned for Berwyn residents, or are you hoping to bring in people from all over the metro area?   

OakParkSpartan

We hope to attract people from all over.  Part of our goal is to show people that Berwyn is a great place to live, and we have interesting homes here.  By showing off some nice houses, and having people walk around in the neighborhoods, we think that will have a positive effect.

Another goal is to show how a bungalow may be fixed up/restored to reflect the craftsmanship in many of the original details.

Cheers,
Brian

I Am Back

B.U.N.G.A.L.O.W.

Butt Ugly Neighbors Get A Life Out West!

As if staring at subway tile isn't exciting enough...you now need to organize a group of people to gawk at rows of identical houses? I can only imagine what's in store for the 708 Mental Health Board. Brownies anyone?
"Where Cathy adores a minuet, The Ballet Russes, and crepes suzette, Our Patty loves to rock and roll, A hotdog makes her lose control -- What a wild duet!"

I Am Back

Quote from: Aimee on July 31, 2005, 07:38:02 AM
Back, how long did that take you to think up hours?
Every surrounding town has a house walk. But since you do not get out much I am not surprised you dont know that.

Wow! Your wit is matched only by your beauty.
"Where Cathy adores a minuet, The Ballet Russes, and crepes suzette, Our Patty loves to rock and roll, A hotdog makes her lose control -- What a wild duet!"