News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Morton boys basketball

Started by Taylor St. Kid, November 07, 2007, 09:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor St. Kid

Well the 07/08 season is upon us. Looking forward to an exciting season, coach Mart has the boy's poised for a big season. come out and support your mustangs.

frankie

they should do well, they played good all summer to

mustang54

I was happy when I heard they were invited to the Proviso West holiday tournament. That really speaks well of how far the program has come. That is one of the finest high school hoops tournaments in the country. Just to be invited is an honor. Go Mustangs!!

frankie

i heard boys varsity won tues. at york tourney, they played hersey dont know what the score was

frankie

a blowout victory wed. nite 2-0, fri. vs nequa valley at 6 pm. at york

frankie

went to game fri. nite we lost 59-49 close game til last quarter, if we beat york tonite we either win tourrney or tie with nequa valley if they win tonite also

frankie

just seen score in trib, morton beat york 61-59, so we tied with nequa valley with 3-1 record for share of york tourney, good start to the new year

frankie

huge game fri for 4-1 morton at proviso east, if we win this game, we will get some good recognition

BIG UNIT

Martinucci was a Berwyn hire right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mustang54

Quote from: frankie on December 06, 2007, 08:18:42 AM
huge game fri for 4-1 morton at proviso east, if we win this game, we will get some good recognition
Mustangs won by 19!!

BIG UNIT

they beat Proviso East. Wow, I'm not sure I would even consider that an upset. Way to go Mustangs. Tony was the good Berwyn hire....

Just Me

Wow!!!!!  Way to go!!!!!  I believe this hasn't been done for DECADES!  Congrats!

mustang54

Morton will play the opening game of the Proviso West Tournament December 26th at 9:00am against Evanston.
SESSION ONE:

GAME ONE -- Evanston vs. Morton, 9:00 a.m.;

GAME TWO -- Marshall vs. Proviso West, 10:30 a.m.;

GAME THREE -- Von Steuben vs. Proviso East, 12:15 p.m.;

GAME FOUR -- Homewood-Flossmoor vs. Fenwick, 1:45 p.m.

SESSION TWO:

GAME FIVE -- Saint Patrick vs. Glenbrook North, 3:45 p.m.;

GAME SIX -- Whitney Young vs. T.F. North, 5:15 p.m.;

GAME SEVEN -- Saint Joseph vs. Hillcrest, 7:00 p.m.;

GAME EIGHT -- New Trier vs. Morgan Park, 8:30 p.m.

frankie

1st time ever at proviso east, i wasnt there but im proud of this team, its nice to have positive things happen at morton

mustang54

Quote from: frankie on December 08, 2007, 07:13:03 AM
1st time ever at proviso east, i wasnt there but im proud of this team, its nice to have positive things happen at morton
Frankie lots of positives go on every day at Morton. But as everywhere else in this day and age positives aren't as news worthy as negatives. Last night Mortons wrestling team was down by 3 points to Proviso East with only one match left. Morton needed a pin to win the meet. The Morton wrestler pinned the kid in the second round! Morton won 36 to 33. I also heard the sophomore basketball team was down quite a few last night and had a big rally to come from behind and win!

frankie

thats great news, im proud of all the kids and coaches

frankie

mustang, believe me i know, i have lived in this area since 1969, alot of good people and good things happen everyday, between cicero, berwyn, and the island, i have met some of the best people i will ever meet, and like you said the bad things get magnified, and the good things are usually taken for granted, this goes on everywere, not just in this area

frankie

and unit, without martinucci, this team wouldnt be as good as they are, most of the kids on this team have been playing at the berwyn rec. since they were 7 yrs old. and he and joe belcaster run all the programs there and do a great job, and im pretty sure joe is the sophmore coach, these kids choose morton and not catholic schools because of these coaches

BIG UNIT

Frankie.     Don't get me wrong. I think coach Martinucci is a great coach, I could care less if he came from Mars. The man not only know's the game of basketball, but he also know's kids... If my kid wanted to learn the game of B-ball, I

BIG UNIT

I need to start again. oops I pressed enter by mistake. as I was saying, If my kid wanted to learn basketball, I would send him to Tony, the guy is good. I just hope word gets around about this team, that gym should be packed every night....