News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Morton boys basketball

Started by Taylor St. Kid, November 07, 2007, 09:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

mustang54

Final was 61 to 52. Whitney Young beat Fenwick by 5. Tuesday night at Est the rematch Mustangs vs Young. Advanced tickets go on sale
Monday at 9:00am at the East and West ticket offices and the athletic offices. Good game tonight. York was small but well coached and shot well from the outside. Physical game as the homers let them beat the Mustangs up a little bit and then called ticky tacky crap on the other end. Good size crowd. Morton had as many fans as York did, and maybe even a little more.

Bonster

Since nobody else with those nice cameras posts, I'll submit what my point & shoot gets.

Clickable thumbnails:

Waiting to kick ass                         Trees

Don't even think about it

Time Out                                       Men In Black (Martinucci-Belcaster)

winding down...

Snoop

The song for tonight: We Are the Champions by Queen.....and for Tuesday: Skinny Lizzy's...THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN!

Snoop

Congrats to Oscar Macias and Mike Coleman...advancing in the 3 point contest. What a game tonight. Guzman and Macias top scorers. Luke and Coleman played great. Belcaster couldnt get a shot in the 1st half but ended up with 10 pts and 12 assists and made his free throws at the end when we needed them BAD...the whole game was a bit too close for comfort. Like Mustang said, the refs.....no comment. not to mention it was 100 degrees in that gym. Great crowd. Great pics Bonster!

Bonster

A compilation from my still camera videos.

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/zutCQkgNRhA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b
                                                                                                                                        ^^ Click the
                                                                                                                                         HQ button for
                                                                                                                                         higher quality video

oldberwynite

Bonster, that was awesome, I couldnt attened the game, so thanks for some great highlights, I will be there Tuesday

Snoop

Really cool Bonster!!! You never sleep, do you???? Today's Suntimes: Picture of Luke Scarlata holdin up the Regional Championship Plaque!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an honor. TIme to feed the dolphins to the mustangs....

Robert Pauly

Hey, Mark - awesome video - you got the best plays!

Bonster

Quote from: Bonster on March 07, 2009, 02:31:14 AM
A compilation from my still camera videos.

WTF?  The HQ option is gone, it now says it's "processing," and all it shows is crappy video.

Well this sux...apparently You Tube is deciding after the processing if certain videos "qualify" for HQ designation...if they don't, the quality appears to be reduced to crap.

http://help.youtube.com/group/youtube-howto/browse_thread/thread/d542fdd67050f41b/4a82c457644570d0?hl=en-US#4a82c457644570d0

I'll try a higher quality format, though this can only get "so good" as it's coming from my point & shoot cam.  Sorry for the rant, but the quality of the above video now is terrible, and the words are hardly legible.

Bonster

OK, try this, and hit the "HD" button at the bottom when it starts for better quality video.

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/io7XU6LJ8hs&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b

Robert Pauly

Good morning, boys and girls.  Let's get the hype rolling.  From the Sun-Times this morning:

"MORTON: The Lake County matchups are getting more hype, but no single sectional game is likely to contain as much passion as Young vs. Morton. Two great teams that have each knocked one another to the canvas over the past two seasons. The Dolphins destroyed Morton by 37 points in the playoffs last season. But Morton returned the favor at the Proviso West Holiday Tournament this season, beating Young by 20. The Mustangs start five seniors, led by Luke Scarlata, so this game is for all the marbles."

victorian

This is going to be the match-up of the year.  The boys are better now than when Luke left for surgery.  The bench is deeper and the experience is plentiful.  I guess that is the silver lining around Luke's absence.  The Mustangs are better than they were at Proviso West, more fluid if you will.  Passing is almost flawless.  Poetry in motion.  WY is going to be out for blood, revenge, saving face or whatever you want to call it.  Problem is they are in our house now and the Mustangs are a better team than they saw at Proviso West.  Team basketball is what wins.  We have it, they don't.  My money's on the Mustangs.  GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!!!!

oldberwynite

Lets send MJ home by halftime

Robert Pauly

Tyshawn Eaton was the biggest discovery during Luke's convalescence.  I was glad to see Scottie Ocsar have a good game Friday, and Luke seemed to assert himself more under the basket.

On paper, I like the Mustangs tomorrow night.  Deeper, more experienced, home gym.  Concerns: are the Fish more experienced in "big" games, Public League mystique, will the 3's be dropping (for either team), and if the Mustangs choose to shut them down around the perimeter, can they get 19 blocks again without getting into foul trouble?

Will MJ bring his new, Cuban model girlfriend and will I be able to talk Wednesday morning?

The Mustangs: the ultimate counterpunching team.

Snoop

Well said Victorian. Pauly, you think the Cuban model and Juanita will have a cat fight for the half time show? LOL. Dont forget guys ANOTHER advantage the Mustangs have is Ahmad Starks is out with a broken wrist or something like that....besides the fact that the Friars gave the Dolphins a bit of a rattle....they barely won that game.  My money's on the Mustangs too.

oldberwynite

Look at it this way, we won by 20 when they had Starks, we will win because our inside game will overpower them again, Joey B. will play another smart General like game, and Oscar is playing well right now, Morton 64 Young 55

Robert Pauly

Is Starks their litttle point guard?  I though he was their best player.

Mike Iniquez

Starks made the Sun-Times all area 3rd team at his position. Now that doesn't mean he isn't their best player, he was voted to the 3rd team because his position is loaded with great players in the area. If I'm not mistaken, I also think two other players made the 1st team and 2nd team. Regardless of who made what team it really doesn't matter tonight, should be a great game with Morton coming out on top. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUSTANGS...............
Evil prevails when good people stand by and do nothing.........................

Robert Pauly

DEPAUL WINS!!  Can the Mustangs be far behind?

Whitney Young had no players in the Sun-Times top 20 - they had four, including Jordan and Starks, in special mention.