News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Farmer's Market

Started by kmcase, April 26, 2005, 08:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmcase

I saw a post from Markberwyn that talked about monthly farmers markets in Berwyn?  When will these start and where will they be? 

I think this is a great idea and something that will get the community out and about and meeting each other. 

shrugger

The below was copied and pasted from here: http://www.berwyn.net/community/community_events.asp

What/who is the BHDDCoSE? A part of the city gov't or a subcommittee of the Berwyn Development Corporation?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Farmers' Market: Starts Saturday, June 25th!

The Berwyn Historic Depot District Committee on Special Events has announced that Farmers' Markets will be held on the fourth Saturday of the month starting on Saturday, June 25, 2005 and running through October 22nd. The events will be held at the City's municipal lot at 3400 Grove Avenue and will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Date: Saturday, June 25, July 23, August 27, September 24, and October 22, 2005

Time: 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

Free Admission

For more information:

Contact Beverly Pastorek, 3214 S. Grove Avenue, (708) 749-3292 or the BDC at (708) 788-8100.
we must cultivate our garden

jqpublic

Outstanding. I was getting tired of going to other towns for their farmer's markets, definitely a step in the right direction.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that.

dsjm

Thanks to the Depot District Committee for sponsoring activities-Farmers' Markets, Mother's Day Plant Sale- that will begin to attract people to and create interest in the area.  I'll be there to check out the events.  One question-what is a "Cruise Night"?

jqpublic

Quote from: dsjm on April 26, 2005, 09:27:25 PM

One question-what is a "Cruise Night"?

I was wondering the same thing myself. I'm guessing it has something to do with Hawaiian shirts and lots of alcohol.

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that.

Bear

A "Cruise Night" is similar to an antique car show,
the only difference is that the show is not judged
and trophies are not awarded. Other municipalities who host such an event
leave the street open so you can park your fully restored
1958 pink Edsel or you can just.....cruise
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

pkd50

hey JP  I like your cruise idea!!!!!!     lol

markweiner

Farmer's Market dates: 6-25, 7-23, 8-27, 9-24, 10-22.

MarkWeiner1@Hotmail.com

hvychev

If anyone would like to see a very successful cruise night come to Downtown Downers grove on Friday nights. The cruise runs from May 20th to September. I know people that run business on Main Street and they said they could not be happier with the friday night cruise nights, it is fantastic for local business.