News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

2/12/08 Council

Started by OakParkSpartan, February 12, 2008, 11:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

"Brian left out the best part of the meeting...  The part that makes me happy I'm in Berwyn.  The new FD Chief, Asst. Chief, and new DC were sworn in. To much applause I might say"....

The Life video at council...Geez, I wonder where they got that idea....

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/berwyn/news/x377415019

I missed many great events in 60402 in my two week absence. Wish I could have been there.
Congrats guys!...

However, in keeping with the outstanding protection BFD affords Berwyn, I kept myself
busy applying UV protection lotion to the helpless chicks who frequent the sandy beaches of
the gulf shores of FL...

Hey, somebody had to do it.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Ted

Quote from: Felix Greco on February 15, 2008, 03:24:00 PM
As far as Mr. Korbos saying "the pot calling the kettle black."  I have in the past questioned his donations to certain individuals and wondered why, if he was a" loyal Democrat" would he support others...

That's not the issue. As Bonster pointed out, you yourself have admitted to giving to candidates other than Democrats.

I have no problems with people giving contributions to candidates or participating in the political process.  In fact, I encourage it.

What I don't like are people who take a holier-than-thou attitude toward people who make large political contributions and then I later find out that the holier-than-thou hypocrites have made large contributions themselves.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones.

Quote from: Felix Greco on February 15, 2008, 03:24:00 PM
...  What I find reprehensible is that so many people on here, always want to try and find the dirt or sully somebodys character or reputation because they do not agree with their views. ..

Really??  Tell me, Mr. Greco, in the past have you ever tried to find dirt on someone or try to sully their reputation?

Regards,
   Ted

Rizzo

Participation in the politcal realm via contribution in money, voting for or supporting your candidate is the American way.

It is said that more persons need to be involved.  But, when someone announces involvement on the BTF they are chastized. 

Damned if you do and damned if you dont.       

Bonster

Quote from: Rizzo on February 16, 2008, 09:18:40 AMIt is said that more persons need to be involved.  But, when someone   announces involvement on the BTF they are chastized. 

that's right.  doesn't matter the forum.  BTF, LTH, ABT, BDC...that's the nature of online chat.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Rizzo

Quote from: Bonster on February 16, 2008, 09:52:52 AM
Quote from: Rizzo on February 16, 2008, 09:18:40 AMIt is said that more persons need to be involved.  But, when someone   announces involvement on the BTF they are chastized. 

that's right.  doesn't matter the forum.  BTF, LTH, ABT, BDC...that's the nature of online chat.

The nature of online chat, is lies and wild accusations, directed at a percieved situation that may not in fact exist.  Like the news media that is reporting with so called accuracy not truth.   

Rizzo

Quote from: Rizzo on February 17, 2008, 04:33:51 PM
Quote from: Rizzo on February 16, 2008, 09:18:40 AMIt is said that more persons need to be involved.  But, when someone   announces involvement on the BTF they are chastized. 

The nature of online chat, is lies and wild accusations, directed at a percieved situation that may not in fact exist. 

Bonster

Quote from: Rizzo on February 17, 2008, 04:44:04 PM
Quote from: Rizzo on February 17, 2008, 04:33:51 PM

The nature of online chat, is lies and wild accusations, directed at a percieved situation that may not in fact exist. 

Sure, it can be like that...depends on who's talking.
Is that in your nature? :666:

Rizzo

Terri

Quote from: EC on February 14, 2008, 07:31:48 AM
The no votes were 1,2,6 & 7. Some aldermen thought there was too much information to sift through in a short amount of time and therefore felt that they could not vote effectively.
The agendas show the budget was given to Alderman in November and on the COW agenda Nov. 27, Dec.11, Jan 8 and Jan 22and the Feb. 11 agenda lists a discussion of the budget process.   IMO, it seems the budget was distrubuted in a timely manner allowing for discussion and debate. 

Bonster

Quote from: Rizzo on February 18, 2008, 05:54:58 AM
Where is this leading?

don' t know.  i was following you.   :'(

Bonster

Terri writes:
"The agendas show the budget was given to Alderman in November and on the COW agenda Nov. 27, Dec.11, Jan 8 and Jan 22and the Feb. 11 agenda lists a discussion of the budget process.   IMO, it seems the budget was distrubuted in a timely manner allowing for discussion and debate."

These are the people we elected and who want to continue to be elected.  This is what we wanted, right?

Here's the problem:  The budget was emailed to the Alderman, and since certain aldermen have problems reading email, they didn't have time.
:)

Terri

Quote from: Bonster on February 18, 2008, 08:24:27 AM
Terri writes:
"The agendas show the budget was given to Alderman in November and on the COW agenda Nov. 27, Dec.11, Jan 8 and Jan 22and the Feb. 11 agenda lists a discussion of the budget process.   IMO, it seems the budget was distrubuted in a timely manner allowing for discussion and debate."

These are the people we elected and who want to continue to be elected.  This is what we wanted, right?

Here's the problem:  The budget was emailed to the Alderman, and since certain aldermen have problems reading email, they didn't have time.
:)
Oh, ok.  Seems like a logical answer.