News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

2/26/07 Council

Started by OakParkSpartan, February 25, 2008, 07:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

Bozzo, welcome to the board. Despite the extra Z in your namesake, you have chosen
to stick your bright red nose out there early.

Rumor has Dawn Rinehart as the choice (likely) for this position.

Is Bozzo a happy clown, or a sad clown?

A clowns make-up is very unique in the clown realm of life, what face does Bozzo wear? Depends on how Bozzo's last name ends. There are so many consanants out there after all. Clowns do tend to scare children, and adults for that matter.

Perhaps you could clarify your interest here for us.

...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

OakParkSpartan

I heard about Dawn, but I'm not convinced there isn't some confusion with a guy that works over in CDBG named Dwan.  In any case, I was told this was a temporary situation.  CDBG is complicated and I'd hope we'd get an experienced person in there to work with the feds.

QuoteCommunity Development Block Grant (CDBG)
The proposed fiscal 2009 budget requests approximately $3 billion for CDBG, which is $600 million less than the $3.5 billion appropriated for fiscal year 2008. The fiscal 2009 request is level with the request for fiscal year 2008; however, a proposed permanent rescission of unobligated balances is $100 million less than in fiscal year 2008, leaving net new budget authority of $2.79 billion for fiscal 2009. In early 2008, the Administration also plans to re-propose the CDBG Reform Act, which changes the CDBG formula to target funds to communities with the greatest need and to hold them accountable for results. As part of these reforms, the Bush Administration again proposes to terminate several HUD programs, including the Brownfields Economic Development Initiative (BEDI), the Community Development Loan Guarantee Program, and the Rural Housing and Economic Development program.
Source:  http://www.nasbo.org/Washington%20Reports/2008/020608W.htm
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Ted

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on March 03, 2008, 11:45:22 PM
I heard about Dawn, but I'm not convinced there isn't some confusion with a guy that works over in CDBG named Dwan.  In any case, I was told this was a temporary situation.  CDBG is complicated and I'd hope we'd get an experienced person in there to work with the feds.

Are there companies that do this for a living?  Maybe this is something that can be contracted out to a professional firm that does this kind of stuff on a regular basis.

Ted

pkd50

I don't read the board as often anymore, so I was surprised to hear that Dennis Duffy is gone.  Why did he leave his position?   Is he with the City in another capacity?

Bear

...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Bear

Opportunity abounds at 6700 West!

Finance director WANTED...Is this the 4th or 5th
one, I forget?

http://www.berwyn-il.gov/pdf/Employment/jobpostingfinance.dir36082.pdf

And...

Movin' on up!.... I keep hearing the Jefferson's theme song in my head

http://www.berwyn-il.gov/pdf/Employment/jobposting.secretary.mayor.3608.pdf

frank white

Quick question..Does being a secretary qualify you to run the grant program? If so I'm going for the secreatry job and then I could move up! Oops wrong gender though.

On a side note the secretary position does not state that it is temporary ,present date til April 09, when the current joker get's run out on a rail.
I am Ozymandias. Ruler of Rulers, King of Kings. Look upon my works ye mighty and Despair!

Bonster

Quote from: frank white on March 07, 2008, 06:25:15 PM
On a side note the secretary position does not state that it is temporary ,present date til April 09, when the current joker get's run out on a rail.

If you knew anything about the DCoB and how they operate, it will be April '09 (provided they make enough friends to vote for them for no reason), as they'll pull the same shit hiring friends, family, unqualified idiots who stroke them just right.  Why would THEY do anything in the best interests of the taxpayers? 

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

ZORBA

Unqualified idiots who stroke them just right?

Hey, where can I get a few of those?

Ted

Quote from: Bear on March 07, 2008, 06:16:50 PM
..  Finance director WANTED...Is this the 4th or 5th one, I forget?

Did the previous finance director leave?  I thought she was doing a good job.  She seemed to really know her stuff.  Does anyone know why she left?

Ted

OakParkSpartan

Stephanie leaving is a big loss.  She seemed to be pretty good according to people on all sides of the political spectrum.

I liked how she did the budget, where she broke out headcount per department, listed achievements and also listed what they want to do in 2008.  At least we have some idea what our governments priorities are.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Ted

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on March 08, 2008, 02:52:17 AM
Stephanie leaving is a big loss.  She seemed to be pretty good according to people on all sides of the political spectrum.

I liked how she did the budget, where she broke out headcount per department, listed achievements and also listed what they want to do in 2008.  At least we have some idea what our governments priorities are.

Brian,

Was there a reason given for her leaving?

Thanks
  Ted

Berwyn Patsy

Is it just me, or does it seem like there is a fast turn around within the emloyment
status of city jobs?  I though things were going good.

ZORBA

No. You're right. Its an absolute mess at City hall. Those people have no idea what they're doing. Mass mutiny.

Terri

Quote from: Ted on March 08, 2008, 06:49:03 AM

Brian,

Was there a reason given for her leaving?

Thanks
  Ted

I'm willing to bet she's joining her husband, he has a job in a different state. 

ZORBA

OakParkSpartan

Suckers bet Terri!

It appears we'll be paying market wages, so hopefully we'll attract a similarly talented employee.

Ted

I agree.  In the few times I have seen her at city council meetings, she seemed like a very competent person - one of the best financial directors that the city has had in years.