News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

From rbain

Started by tgoddess, March 04, 2008, 03:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgoddess

"That would presume a sense of irony, which I fear in this case may be lacking."
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

rbain

I finally feel like I belong...

-Rob
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

Bonster

"Is there an emoticon for "well, I guess that went over your head"? "
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

tgoddess

"Look, I wasn't even here for the last election, and have no political ax to grind, but coming on here and acting like a Bridgeport machine thug is no way to convince voters you're something new."
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Bonster

"I make it a point to ignore anyone who uses the phrases "you people" or "people like you". It has served me well. "

chandasz

Wow. Rbain!! You are famous. You warrant your own thread of quotes!!

rbain

Yeah, I'm practically the Confucius of Berwyn. 
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

dukesdad

The smartest guy in Berwyn. Talk about damning with faint praise.

Bonster

Quote from: chandasz on July 17, 2008, 09:27:39 AM
Wow. Rbain!! You are famous. You warrant your own thread of quotes!!

So do YOU, chandasz.

As does Rob's pal frank white.

chandasz

Oooohhhh. That's scary. I do NOT want to be put in ANY category that Frank White could be in

Bonster

chandasz - your quote can hang with ANY I've seen on BTF.

;D

frank white

Quote from: chandasz on July 17, 2008, 10:11:44 AM
Oooohhhh. That's scary. I do NOT want to be put in ANY category that Frank White could be in

That's because you can't hang with me.
I am Ozymandias. Ruler of Rulers, King of Kings. Look upon my works ye mighty and Despair!

Ted

Quote from: frank white on July 20, 2008, 04:48:17 PM
Quote from: chandasz on July 17, 2008, 10:11:44 AM

That's because you can't hang with me.

Why are you putting a quote from Chandasz in the "From Rbain" thread?

chandasz

It's ok. Rbain and I are friends. He wouldn't mind sharing. LOL

Ted

Quote from: rbain on January 31, 2009, 10:54:59 AM
After the last eight years, it takes more than a little gall for Republicans to talk about fiscal restraint. The Iraq war will end up costing us more than $3 Trillion. We can spend that improving Iraq, but a third of that is too much to spend HERE? Do you think that THAT $3Trillion has had NO impact on our economy? Give me a break. Look in the mirror for the faults you find in others.

As for the silence in this debate, when the game is over, one team leaves the field, and the other stands around screaming for a rematch and complaining about the refs and the condition of the field.

Rob

Ted

Classic rbain:

Quote from: rbain on April 12, 2009, 04:05:20 PM
First time on a computer?

Or are you just eight years old?

In either case I've got a few pieces of advice:

1. The "shift" key is what you're looking for, not "caps lock". Typing in all caps is read as screaming.

2. Between the "post" button and the "spell check" button is the "preview" button. It allows one to "preview" one's post, giving one the opportunity to see one's mistakes (such as the above mentioned shift/caps lock confusion) before actually posting for all to see.

3. When one's first post in a forum consists of yelling insults at people whom you've never met, nothing else you say will be given much consideration. If you wish to be taken seriously, behave like an adult.

4. If "you" know how to win an election, yet "we" are the nuts from Berwyn, where are "you" from? And if it's not Berwyn, what is the reason for your involvement in our elections?*

-Rob

*I do realize that these questions may contain several more clauses that you typically handle, but if you muddle through I think you should be able to give some sort of answer.

Bonster

Quote from: rbain on April 12, 2009, 08:45:55 PM
Quote from: The Jackal on April 12, 2009, 08:20:07 PM

I do believe the term is fared, good sir.  <...> I would guess that most of his 200 or so votes would have went to Kate Walczak. 

...physician heal thyself...

Ted

Rbain commenting on Jake's obsession with Barack Obama:

Quote from: rbain on May 27, 2010, 02:14:11 PM
OMG you SO have a crush on him! If he had pigtails you'd totally be pulling them!