LOST

Started by Boris, March 28, 2008, 02:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boris

...no LOST fans in Berwyn, huh?
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

Ted

Actually, I've gotten hooked on it again after last season's last episode.  I had lost interest the last few seasons but I think it go a lot better this season.   Adding the "Oceaniac 6" and having 6 people get off the island (why only 6?) has added a lot to the show.

Plus, I think the whole "war" going on between Jack and Locke is classic - it's the battle of people who believe someone on faith alone (Locke) versus people who follow logic and reason (Jack).

In a way, it's the archtypal battle between logic versus religion and now that there aretwo camps, it is can almost be likened to the electoral battle between blue states (Jack's camp) versus the red states (Locke's camp).

Ted

OakParkSpartan

Sounds like you FOUND a LOST fan...
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Mugster

I've been a fan from episode one!  I just couldn't get into all the theory blogs and clubs and things that some fans do.  It's like extracurricular activities.  Too much to invest in one tv show!  But I've followed them through all of their schedule changes, which hasn't always been easy either...

OICU812

super fan.   tell you a secret.. it's all about hurley. everyone keeps going back to Ben and Locke. But Hurley has been in the middle everytime something big goes down. the only event that he didn't prevent or was directly involved in was Charlie's death. and they made a huge deal about him being left on shore. he was supposed to paddle out not Desmond.

Speaking of Desmond, last episode, Sun's hidden agenda is to find Penny and Desmond. That's why she's aligning herself with pennies father. Penny and Desmond are going to be the one's who find the island again. She's desparate to get back because jin is still alive.

anyhoo. None of the theories matter. i saw an interview with the writer who revealed that they troll all of the forums for theories and purposly write around what people are talking about to throw them off. the writers don't even know where the plot is going. that's why it's so good.

Mugster

Just about everything LOST is here...  http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Also, www.zap2it.com still has LOST articles.  They will still be writing blogs until the next season begins.  There are a lot of theories there.  I've come across so much about the science and the significance of characters names through their blogs.  It takes a lot of reading and research to follow what the writers are doing.  And yes, just when you think you're on to something, it goes in a different direction.

I did however, say that it was Locke in the casket, at the end of the season last year.  For once, I was just one step ahead of some other fans!

And, by the way *, you may be right about Hurley's importance in a lot of the stories, BUT the buzz that I've been reading is that Aaron is a big key.

pioneer

Lost, Heroes, and what happened to Journeyman?

Anyway, did they "move" the island via time/space travel?  Is the island on some other plane/dimension now...sort of like on the old comic book cover seen on one of the last episodes?

More "Lost" than ever before!  ???

Crunchie

Quote from: pioneer on June 16, 2008, 09:27:45 PM
Lost, Heroes, and what happened to Journeyman?

Anyway, did they "move" the island via time/space travel?  Is the island on some other plane/dimension now...sort of like on the old comic book cover seen on one of the last episodes?

More "Lost" than ever before!  ???
Yeah, I think it's called Lost because that's how the fans always feel about the plot. I think they've introduced so many totally ridiculous plot ideas that they will never be able to explain everything and have it even come close to making any sense. Like the smoke monster, and the latest "island move" ploy. The networks seem to do this quite often; inventing crazy plot twists that are impossible, then they just drop the shows before they have to explain them. There were a couple of sea monster shows on last year like that. Remember the Pretender? It was getting good ratings then just disappeared.

OICU812

yes they did move the island. i am thinking that Locke is still alive. It's gotta be a dimensional- space time thing. There's no other explaination.

Bennifer

Quote from: * on June 21, 2008, 02:55:49 PM
yes they did move the island. i am thinking that Locke is still alive. It's gotta be a dimensional- space time thing. There's no other explaination.

Some deus ex machina will be created to keep Locke in the show up until the end. He is one of the 2 or 3 best characters. My thought was that the reason Ben wanted him brought back to the island was possibly that the island's "healing powers" would somehow revive him. The time/space issue is also a possibility (maybe he died at some distant point in the future and was brought back to the present deceased). Locke was promised by Ben that a magic box was going to be opened for him on the island. Did this somehow cause his death or could it bring him back to life? Jacob (aka Jack's father?) holds the answer. I can't wait til next season!

Ted

Best line of the opening episode of the new season - Locke coming out of a daze after a time shift and asking  "When am I?"

Classic.

Mugster

Quote from: Ted on January 25, 2009, 06:55:40 PM

Best line of the opening episode of the new season - Locke coming out of a daze after a time shift and asking  "When am I?"

Classic.

My favorite was Hurley's mother's "Why is there a dead Pakistani on my couch?!?!"

She seemed more annoyed by it than anything.  LOL!

buzz

Quote from: Mugster on January 25, 2009, 08:43:49 PM
"Why is there a dead Pakistani on my couch?!?!"
I hate it when that happens.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

maraire

Have been watching this show from day 1. I guess I'm completely addicted to it. The problem is I really don't have a clue whats going on. I'm LOST.

p.s. I know its not Lost but the other show I like is 24. How much stuff can happen to one man in one day.

pioneer

OK, so is Ben good, bad or just ugly.....I am liking this season....anyone have any theories?  What the heck is Richard!?! And what the heck is he going to do to Ben? And have they shown this Jacob dude yet?  I may have missed an ep.....

Hogzilla

Tried to watch one of the first ones. Didn't grab me. Didn't get hooked on 24 either. Must be something to them though, there sure are a lot of fans. My Mom loves Lost.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

n01_important

I saw an advertisement and love the Rodriguez girl ever since I saw her in "Girl Fight"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNuQx3UHrxQ

But don't have them TVs to watch any episode.  TVs are the devil.   :666:
Stupid fuck

Crunchie

I've been watching Lost but am disappointed in the way the plot is going. Any story that ends up resorting to time travel or dreams to make sense is bullshit IMO. There have a lot of shows in the past few years that just died out in the middle of ridiculous, impossible plots that could not be explained without resorting fantasy explanations. I do like 24 though. The nonstop action is interesting, if somewhat hard to believe.

Crunchie

Can somebody fill me in on something from this week's episode. I missed about 15 min near the beginning. What I saw was the Asian security dude pickup Hurley's body from the others. Then when I came back, Hurley was riding in the van with the security guy, and there was a body bag in the back of the van. When how did Hurley get killed, then where did the second Hurley come from?

Mugster

It wasn't Hurley's body.  I don't think the body was identified.  This is from Zap2It.com's recap...

Sawyer contacts Miles via walkie, and asks him to erase the pylon video surveillance to cover his involvement in helping Ben escape. Sawyer and Kate split up, with Sawyer staying out longer under the guise of hunting Sayid. Before Miles can erase the tape, Horace comes into the Sheriff Station. He's looking for Sawyer, but decides to bring Miles into the "circle of trust."

He hands Miles a bag and tells him to meet Radzinsky in Grid 344 and exchange a bag for a package, no questions asked.. Miles notes that's in Hostiles Territory, and I note that 3 x 4 + 4 =16, because I'm a dork like that. Miles leaves with the tapes unerased. When he reaches Grid 344, Radzinsky pops up out of the woods, bearing a rifle and wearing an all-black Dharma jumpsuit. You know, for the slimming effect.

The jumpsuit bears the Swan logo, and soon, others emerge from the woods in the same garb. One bears a hole in his head. Radizsky takes the bag, which we now realize is a body bag, and tells Miles there was an accident. However, he refuses to reveal the nature of the injury, stating it's need to know information. The other Swan workers load the body into Miles' van, and head back into the woods. Once they are gone, Miles unzips the bag and asks, "OK, so what really happened?"

As Miles heads into the Sheriff station, we hear Horace on the phone with Pierre. "If it was caused by the electromagnetism, we need to know!" We glean that Pierre wants to see the body, so Horace sends Miles right back out to the Orchid to take the corpse there. Miles is hesitant to go, but Horace insists he has to. Outside, Miles finds Hurley packing food into the van. Dude, not a good idea to put lunch next to dead guys. First culinary rule. Miles tries to stop Hurley from tagging along, but no go there. Maybe they can discuss paradox again on the way to the Orchid.