LOST

Started by Boris, March 28, 2008, 02:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crunchie

I could've swore it was Hurley's body.

pioneer

Quote from: Crunchie on April 17, 2009, 01:32:26 AM
I could've swore it was Hurley's body.

Yep.  That's what I thought too.  They did mention the dead guy's name, but it was not "Hurley"...it was a hispanic name though, so perhaps it is a future slimmer Hurley under a different name ala Sawyer???

The whole time travelling thing is getting out of hand.  It would seem there is no way for any of them to ever get back into their "correct" timeline...guess that is why the show is called LOST.  Also, what was with all the "Egyptian Hieroglyphs" in the "temple" and also the smoke "monster".  I do not think the show has jumped the shark yet....but getting close....

Crunchie

More like jumped Moby Dick.

Ted

Quote from: pioneer on April 17, 2009, 03:28:16 PM
The whole time travelling thing is getting out of hand.  It would seem there is no way for any of them to ever get back into their "correct" timeline...guess that is why the show is called LOST.  Also, what was with all the "Egyptian Hieroglyphs" in the "temple" and also the smoke "monster".  I do not think the show has jumped the shark yet....but getting close....

Can't they get back the same way Locke and Ben did?  Or was the well closed up in 1977?

Ted

Ted

OK... Lost just lost me last night.  How can Locke have traveled with Ben and Richard Alpert into the jungle 3 years earlier with Locke telling Richard to tell the "future" Locke that he has to die?

And it's just weird seeing people looking at younger versions of themselves (e.g. Miles)?

pioneer

Anyone have any thoughts about last night's cliffhanger?

So it looks like they all "agreed" to kill themselves to give their "future" selves a shot at living normal lives?

Ted

Quote from: pioneer on May 14, 2009, 01:39:28 PM
Anyone have any thoughts about last night's cliffhanger?

So it looks like they all "agreed" to kill themselves to give their "future" selves a shot at living normal lives?

Can the past be changed?  That's the question.  If someone comes from the future into the past and kills all the people in the past that cause that original future, will the future change?

Or were the characters going into the past part of the original past anyway and the future characters didn't know about?

The characters were told in a previous episode (if my memory is correct) to go back to the island to PREVENT the island from blowing up.  Which makes me wonder whether the characters from the future simply carried out their pre-ordained destiny.

One last question - Is the Locke character on the island today from the past?  And why are people from the future or past seeing themselves in other parts of their lives?

It should be an interesting final season next year.

Ted

pioneer

Yes, I think in the Lost universe, the future can be altered based on actions taken in the past.

As for Locke, I think the guy in black has taken his image ever since he came back on the second flight.

Not sure, but maybe it is part of the "rules" that he and Jacob are playing under.  The "loophole" is that neither jacob or the guy in black can kill each other...but apparently they can get someone else to do it.

Still, not sure who the "good guys" are....it seems no one knows about the guy in black....maybe Ben did?  He has always been one that keeps secrets.  Also, Richard probably knows about him.

In the scene where Jacob is visiting people in the past....Ilana seems to know Jacob???  Is she possibly another "Richard" type person.  Jacob asks her to help him and she agrees....I am guessing she is bringing the body of Locke so Jacob can possesses it or bring him back to life?  I think the real Locke still has a job to complete.

Lastly, Jacob contacts Hurley and directly intervenes by telling him exactly what flight to be on...also what is in the guitar case???

Hurley also is keeping this event to himself....because he thinks it was another halucination or because he is Jacobs "trump card"?

One last thing....anyone think this will end up on the big screen???

Crunchie

Quote from: pioneer on May 16, 2009, 11:12:32 AM
One last thing....anyone think this will end up on the big screen???
It's starting to remind me of the Dallas series where a whole year's plots were part of a dream. This time travel angle is a substitute for good writing IMO. It allows the writer to make up any crazy wacky shit he wants to and always being able to get off the hook with his trump card.

Ted

Quote from: pioneer on May 16, 2009, 11:12:32 AM
As for Locke, I think the guy in black has taken his image ever since he came back on the second flight.

Not sure, but maybe it is part of the "rules" that he and Jacob are playing under.  The "loophole" is that neither jacob or the guy in black can kill each other...but apparently they can get someone else to do it.

I know a lot of people have speculated that Locke is the guy in black (and that Jacob is God and the guy in black is The Devil") but I wonder if it is simply Locke from an earlier period.

Interesting speculation on the loop hole.  I thought the loop hole had something to do with time travel.

WIth this last episode, LOST has now morphed from the fight between Logic versus Religion/Faith to a fight between Good and Evil.

Ted

OICU812

One week left....

So we all know that that is not really locke who's with ben and jacob in the temple. It's the guy that was with Jacob in the opening scene of the episode. WE know this because in their conversation, the guy tells Jacob how he wants to kill him and that one day they would find a loop hole. Jacob revisits that conversation when he tells the locke doppleganger "seems like you found your loop hole". Locke is dead. And we see this when the "new others" dump his body for Richard to see.

I have a funny feeling that it's gonna wrap up with everyone back in line at the airport getting on the original flight, but this time they sense something is wrong and they all in their own little byline never get on the plane. But they all find each other... the last scene will probably be Hurley Showing the guitar to Charlie (rockstar), who have just met, and become friends.

pioneer

excellent list of questions that need answers....

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/02/02/lost-in-numbers-the-108-questions-we-want-lost-to-answer/

LOST: The Movie...........can it be far away?   >:(

OICU812

Boy was I waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy off... But I know I am not the only one asking is Juliet really dead... I have a feeling she's gonna pop up somewhere.

pioneer

I guessed some things correctly...especially Hurley as Jacob's trump card!

So what are the odds that Sayid is NOT possessed by Jacob?

The Man in Black wants to go home?   hmmmmmmm.....

Why was Richard in chains at some point in time?   And who are Ilana and her "good guys"???

Not to mention the japanese dude and the temple people?!?!?

Smoke monster mystery solved.....sort of

I was entertained!  ;D

pioneer

Oh...and looks like there are still multiple timelines....

1) the original time line...the one that started the series of events for all the characters (plane still crashed in this one)

2) the timeline that prevented the plane going down (opening scenes of yesterdays show....notice that it is somewhat similar but not exactly (as in who should be on the plane)....why is Desmond on the plane?....he seems to disappear also....is he the only one that still knows things are not right?)  This is the timeline that diverted from the original timeline (1) when some of the characters went back in time to 1977 and blew up the bomb, thus leading to the events at the start of yesterdays show (also, it seems that Jack seems to be experiencing some sort of deja-vu, but also seems to have no knowledge of the entire crash and experience onn the island....although it all did occur as the camera shows when it goes beneath the ocean and pans over the Dharma village and the stone foot of the egyptian god Sobek all under the ocean

3) In fact, it could be very possible that there are hundreds of timelines...afterall Jacob and the MIB have apparently been "playing" this game for a long time....is it even possible for a mere mortal to get UNLOST?  Perhaps only Jacob (a god) has the power to set things straight...if he wanted to, if he can "prove" his point.....I am thinking that the current batch of "guinea pigs" were the only ones to ever have considered "self-sacrifice" for the good of others...meaning when they blew up the hydrogen bomb, they did not care about themselves anylonger and did it for the benefit of everyone else.....maybe that is what Jacob meant that there is only one ending and everything else is just "progress"....

Still....I am not entirely convinced Jacob is good.....he is manipulating people just like the MIB....he seems nice, but really, he is telling Hurley what to do....and if Sayid is really now Jacob....he is doing it for his own purpose...to defeat MIB....why did he not tell Hurley to bring Juliet to the temple?  Also, it would seem MIB is a captive....why can't he just go "home" when he chooses?

AND WHERE'S THE CASKET!!!!!!!!!!

Crunchie

Quote from: OICU812 on February 03, 2010, 08:02:52 AM
But I know I am not the only one asking is Juliet really dead.
No, you are. The rest of us know that no one is ever really dead while on the island.

OICU812

Quote from: Crunchie on February 03, 2010, 10:48:41 AM
But I know I am not the only one asking is Juliet really dead.
No, you are. The rest of us know that no one is ever really dead while on the island.

LMAO - Nice!

OICU812

Here's a pretty good take that tries to explain a bit more about the season premier.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/02/lost-premiere-damon-carlton/

pioneer

If time was indeed altered in 1977 by detonating the h-bomb...then everyone that we saw die during the show...is now alive (in the new timeline that was created and seen during the flight from Australia segments) ..Claire (in the cab with kate), charlie (on the flight back from Australia), John Locke...and yes, even Juliet...afterall, she never would have been asked to come to the island to do her fertility research....her path just did not put her on that flight at the beginning of the show......but something tells me they are all going to somehow cross paths again....it has already started with Jack giving Locke his card...Kate getting in the cab with Claire....it's like you can't escape fate...or someone is controlling it?

Additionally, if Desmond is not pretending to not know Jack, then his life has also diverted greatly from what we originally saw...afterall, both he and Jack met before...I think they had previously met at some empty stadium or something like that....like I said...the time travel has somehow erased Jack's memories..but they are still there like some sort of deja-vu.....Also, Hurley is not "unlucky" in this new timeline.....some things seem to have diverted (good or bad) from their original timeline course...others seem pretty much the same

Based on the underwater scenes...we can speculate that the Dharma experiment up to 1977 did happen...Widmore and Faraday do still exist (assuming they are still alive in the new timeline) .....they are most likely still out there in the new timeline...plotting their next moves....knowing the position of the island at any given point in time as they know it.....their knowledge of the island's existance should not have been affected by the bomb's explosion, in fact, they probably know about it...it is a "part" of history as they know it in their timeline.....which means they will start seeking out Jack and Co pretty soon.......

Also, one thing I would like answered is the island's "movement"...does is "move" physically or through time...if through time, then it does not make sense...afterall, it would take thousands/millions of years for the island to move far enough on the earth's surface to appear to "disappear" to an onlooker when it time shifts....during the time shifts...it seems to only time travel a few decades back and forth.....dimensional shift?  maybe, but why would that alter the actual physical placement of the island on the surface of the planet?

I can go on and on.....

Ted

Boy was I waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy off... But I know I am not the only one asking is Juliet really dead... I have a feeling she's gonna pop up somewhere.

I read somewhere that the actress who plays Juliet is now on another TV series now, so I don't think she'll be a regular on Lost.