News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

The TV Rant Thread

Started by Crunchie, April 16, 2008, 01:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzz

whaddya' expect from an ex-con    ;)
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

watcher

Quote from: Peridot 16 on November 05, 2011, 06:41:10 PM
MS does not have a talk show, but, it's more then a foodie/craftie show. She does have guests that talk about relevant issues...nutrition, the importance of exercise, health care, family time, video games, cell phones for kids, safety and a lot more. The few times I watched it on the Hallmark Channel, in my opinion,she somtimes comes across as condensending and rude.

Does the daughter still have the show where she and her friend sit around making fun of mom?

"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

Peridot 16

Don't know about the daughter's talk show.  I read an article in the Trib where the daughter has penned a book...pretty much blaming MS for everything that has gone wrong in her life.

watcher

http://youtu.be/RXy_NfifdgE

The daughter has a pretty damn good life. Thanks to mom.
I doubt she'd have her own radio show (the TV show was mercifully cancelled) if Mom hadn't put up the money.

I think the book is more about growing up as Martha Stewart's kid and all the crepe that came from that.
Being a walking bulls-eye for snark and abuse.

"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

Mr. Daniel Lumis

Our favorite train-wreck food/craft show is Katie Brown Workshop on channel 11's boneyard station they call "Create." It's hilarious. Basically she nails chunks of wood together and hot glues some ribbon on it and presents it as a fun way to entertain your kids while preparing a festive feast of some sort. I keep expecting her to glue Tupperware together and spray paint it gold to make a multi-level jewelry box. We take a drink every time she says "got it" or "kinda" and by the end of the show the bottle is empty. Food is excellent too, if you like canned everything. Remember, she claims to have been a caterer. If you're the kind of person who could cut your own thumb off with a spoon while trying to make boxed macaroni and cheese, there may be something useful for you. Otherwise, get out the popcorn and prepare for some trailer park stylin'.

pcm1112

Katie Brown reminds me of a chipmunk.

Crunchie

I am so glad Xmas is over. The inundation of Santa/Jesus/Bible shows on TV this year made me feel embarrassed to have even a loose affiliation with the Christian faith. I truly feel sorry for our Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Atheist, et. al., fellow citizens. Living as a non-Christian in this country must be really boring, not to mention annoying. What I can't quite figure out, is why in Hell did they keep showing Xmas shows after Dec. 25th?

berwyn senator

watcher

Ted

Quote from: watcher on January 13, 2012, 02:09:33 PM
Still January but BEST scene of 2012!

I enjoyed the "date night" scene as well. Men are from Mars and women are from Venus.

watcher

Quote from: Ted on January 14, 2012, 07:36:50 AM
Quote from: watcher on January 13, 2012, 02:09:33 PM
Still January but BEST scene of 2012!

I enjoyed the "date night" scene as well. Men are from Mars and women are from Venus.

The writers of this scene could not possibly have known that Mayim Bialik could say "Put it on me!" seven times in 3 seconds.
Her channeling of Amy's inner incessant 6 year-old raised the scene to art.   

Crunchie

Has anyone been watching The River? It's a cross between Lost and The Blair Witch Project. These TV specials are dragging Spielberg down the drain, IMO.