News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

The TV Rant Thread

Started by Crunchie, April 16, 2008, 01:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crunchie

Ever watch "Travels to the Edge with Art Wolf?" One of my favorite shows. It's on every Friday night at 730, Ch. 20.

Crunchie

Today I'm mad at "Who Wants to be a Millionaire." Why does that bitch have to ask "Ask you ready to play?" to every contestant and the audience, followed by "Then let's play", atleast once for every question? Which probably wastes about half the time used by each show. They are there to play. They are sitting in a chair waiting for a motherfucking question for Christsakes. So play the fucking game you dumb bitch, and quit wasting time.

Bonster

Evergreen KIA,  'Nuff Said.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Crunchie

Does anyone actually like Carson Daly and his late night talk show? I watch it about once a year for as long as I can stand it, which is usually less than 10 minutes, just to see if anything has changed. The guy is boring and has no sense of humor. His guests are usually plastic, narcissistic LA types that are in love with themselves, like him. He is so far below the rest of the late night talk show hosts, I just can't figure out how he stays on the air. Am I missing something?

Bonster

http://www.kottke.org/08/06/tbs-and-their-annoying-interstitial-commericials

per the author:
"Last night I was watching a rerun of Family Guy on TBS and right before the show went to commercial, this happened:"

http://www.youtube.com/v/2vUtfG9Bkec

"See what they did there? They paused the TV show, ran a little mini-commercial
for some show that no one cares about, and then returned to the last two seconds
of the segment before going to commercial.  Jesus Christ. I realize that Time Warner
doesn't actually care about the people who watch their shows and that television
programs are just the networks' way of getting people to watch advertising, but
this is too much. Do these things actually work or just piss people off in droves?
Is there some marketing hot dog at Time Warner who thinks that Family Guy viewers
want to watch the blue collar comedy stylings of Bill Engvall?

I'm sorry that the DVR is ruining your business model, but can you kick the bucket a little more gracefully?"

###

I haven't actually noticed this myself other than for the mini-ads between pitches on FOX during baseball games...

Crunchie

Bons, that sucks bigtime. PBS channels are starting to have as many commercials as the regular channels. They all suck.

buzz

The economy is hurting and donations to PBS are down.  Don't forget that SHRUB cut funding to the NEA.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

Crunchie

You're right Buzz. But public TV is not supposed to have commercials. It's got to do with credibility. So tough.

Crunchie

I notice ABC has 2 hours blocked out for the Belmont Stakes today. The fucking race only takes about 2 minutes. They must plan on rerunning the last 50 races. This is almost as bad as the Super Bowl. What a bunch of whores.

Crunchie

Man, is this current beg-a-thon on Ch 11 ever going to end?

berwynson

Quote from: Crunchie on April 16, 2008, 01:59:26 AM

Anything I like seems to get cancelled.

You must then be flexible, and understanding of the needs of the sponsors, and CHANGE the things you like, in order to accomodate them.....  Berwynson

Crunchie

Where have you been hiding? Riding the rails?

buzz

More Flags, More Fun, Six Flags !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will drive me mad.  Mad I tell you.  Mad!
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

Crunchie

Quote from: buzz on June 14, 2008, 10:14:54 PM

Yeah, that dude is f-ing obnoxious. I kinda liked their old ones with the bald old man.

Bonster

Quote from: Crunchie on June 14, 2008, 11:15:05 PM
I kinda liked their old ones with the bald old man.

Yeah, those were crazy!  They should've kept him.

Oh, I've been paying attention to that TBS stuff that I posted earlier.  That's terrible, and will more likely serve (I think) to turn Family Guy fans away from the Bill Engvall show. 

Terri

Quote from: Crunchie on June 14, 2008, 11:15:05 PM
Quote from: buzz on June 14, 2008, 10:14:54 PM

Yeah, that dude is f-ing obnoxious. I kinda liked their old ones with the bald old man.
He's as bad as the "1-800-Cars-for-kids".  I flick the channel for both. 

Crunchie

Have you been watching the Olympics. It's usually pretty entertaining, but hey, let's face it, there are too many stupid fucking obscure sports that no one cares about or partakes of. When was the last time you, or anyone you even know of, said "Hey, I think I'll go down to the gym and practice my iron rings or uneven parallel bar routines?" Yet they are removing baseball and softball from the list of events for the next Olympics. The stupidest one I have ever seen has got to be "synchronized swimming." What a fucking handjob of a "sport." It's about as interesting as watching paint dry. I'd rather have my eyeballs pecked out by hungry crows that watch that shit.

Terri

Quote from: Crunchie on August 19, 2008, 05:35:41 AM
Have you been watching the Olympics. It's usually pretty entertaining, but hey, let's face it, there are too many stupid fucking obscure sports that no one cares about or partakes of. When was the last time you, or anyone you even know of, said "Hey, I think I'll go down to the gym and practice my iron rings or uneven parallel bar routines?" Yet they are removing baseball and softball from the list of events for the next Olympics. The stupidest one I have ever seen has got to be "synchronized swimming." What a fucking handjob of a "sport." It's about as interesting as watching paint dry. I'd rather have my eyeballs pecked out by hungry crows that watch that shit.

Since you brought up synchronized swimming its interesting to know OPRF High School the only school in the state that has continued its  synchronized swim program.  In the 70's most HS's had a synchronized swim team, competition was tough.  Lucky for the OPRF team, little competition in Illinois for those college scholarships to compete in this sport. 

Crunchie, your post made me laugh.

tgoddess

Quote from: Crunchie on August 19, 2008, 05:35:41 AM
The stupidest one I have ever seen has got to be "synchronized swimming." What a fucking handjob of a "sport." It's about as interesting as watching paint dry. I'd rather have my eyeballs pecked out by hungry crows that watch that shit.

I feel the same way about golf.

So did Carlin: "Ever watch golf on TV? It's like watching flies fuck.  I get more excited picking out socks.  Golf could be fun if you could play alone but it's these genetic defectives that you have to hang around with that make it such a boring pastime.  Think of the brain that it takes to play golf. Hitting a ball with a crooked stick, then walking after it. And then, hitting it again.  I say, 'Pick it up asshole. You're lucky you found it. Put it in your pocket and go the fuck home, will ya.'"
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Hogzilla

Really into No Reservations on the Travel Channel. Anthony Bourdain is the man...
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."