News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

The TV Rant Thread

Started by Crunchie, April 16, 2008, 01:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Daniel Lumis

I have also seen Tim on another commercial, I think for some gasoline. I think he is in a labcoat and happy to be talking about explosive evaporates that keep your engine clean.

buzz

Quote from: Noble Falcon on May 18, 2009, 10:52:29 AM
I seen Tim Kang last week in a 2002 Soprano's episode. He played Uncle Junior's Dr when he fell and hit his head..
Does anyone like  The Unit?  Great show!
[/quote]
Oh my...never, ever, saw The Sopranos.
I've only seen The Unit a couple of times, liked it, but I think I'm missing something (the wives inter-action) by not viewing regularly.  Which brings me to a point (maybe). So many shows have a theme or an underlying story.  If you aren't a regular viewer, you lose something.
Just my opinion.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

Crunchie

Quote from: Crunchie on May 17, 2009, 09:46:43 AM
I am totally sick of hearing kids sing "Respect." 
Yeah.

Mr. Daniel Lumis

Agreed. And I am totally sick of kids in commercials selling me financial services, technology, and energy solutions. Why are they out in a field somewhere telling me about investing my money or energy independence. Shouldn't they be in school?

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Crunchie

Quote from: Mr. Daniel Lumis on July 28, 2009, 12:43:02 PM
Agreed. And I am totally sick of kids in commercials selling me financial services, technology, and energy solutions. Why are they out in a field somewhere telling me about investing my money or energy independence. Shouldn't they be in school?
Maybe the ad agencies figure children have more of a trust factor now than the bankers and Wall St. scumbags. ::)

Mugster

Quote from: bonster on July 28, 2009, 01:05:01 PM

"1-877-KARS-4KIDS" 

Ugh... Bons, I have to turn the radio off when I hear the first few piano notes!

buzz

LUNA   !!!
That damn carpet commercial, complete with the tone deaf moron, is on every channel.

Robert Pauly

Very pretty wife, though.  Worth watching.

Mr. Daniel Lumis

FYI, "The Jewelry Exchange" in Villa Park, with its hokey shot of employees waving at the end is also seen in other parts of the country. I thought they were locals. Also Empire is all over now too. My current favorite are the two guys trying to talk you into bringing all your valuable stuff to their pawn shop and the testimonials, which include something along the lines of "I got a loan against my iPhone." Yeeesh....

Crunchie

"The National Parks"  So, did many of you watch this historical perspective on WTTW? I thought it was OK, but should have featured more color footage of the parks themselves. It makes you feel lucky when you see how close many of the parks came to dodging the bullets of development and exploitation.

Classof67

Quote from: Crunchie on October 04, 2009, 05:57:34 PM
"The National Parks"  So, did many of you watch this historical perspective on WTTW? I thought it was OK, but should have featured more color footage of the parks themselves. It makes you feel lucky when you see how close many of the parks came to dodging the bullets of development and exploitation.

I thought it was a great overview.  Thankful to the Rockefellers...  I think the black and white was due to the historical aspects of telling the story.  Our national parks put the awe in awesome.  I need to see more of them.  I miss driving into the Yosemite Valley.  Each season in Yosemite brought a new vision to take in.

Mr. Daniel Lumis

Speaking of WTTW, where did they find all the old people to clap their hands and wiggle their butts to all the great songs of my youth? WTTW late at night is just an endless journey through infomerical land. And the people in the audience are all old. I mean really old! Alright, I will grant them their happiness. Better than seeing them all depressed and waiting for their incontinence deliveries from that helpful woman who is always ready to assist in selecting which supplies will be sent in a plain brown box this week. I think the headset gives her a real look of respectability and she seems so earnest. I like that. Next time I am bored I think I will give her a call. She might like to talk about bluebirds or concrete mixtures for an afternoon, which are the only two topics I really care about. Besides the history of muffins in medieval warfare.

buzz

Quote from: Mr. Daniel Lumis on October 05, 2009, 12:43:03 PM
Speaking of WTTW, where did they find all the old people to clap their hands and wiggle their butts to all the great songs of my youth? WTTW late at night is just an endless journey through infomerical land. And the people in the audience are all old. I mean really old! Alright, I will grant them their happiness. Better than seeing them all depressed and waiting for their incontinence deliveries from that helpful woman who is always ready to assist in selecting which supplies will be sent in a plain brown box this week.
ELDER ABUSE

Crunchie

I agree with Lumis. WTTW pushes an unbelieveable collection of pseudo-medical-psycho help crapola during their begathons. And they pass it off as if it legit. Most of it falls in the same category as Enzyte and Riddex.  I don't mind the music shows; at least you get something legit for your money there.

Mr. Daniel Lumis

I don't really mind the music shows either, but the station doesn't really understand that it needs to expand it's audience. There for a while you couldn't turn on the station without seeing ballroom dancing, which creeps me out in the same way beauty pageants do.

buzz

All those Rx commercials for depression............they make me sad

Berwyn Patsy

I think the depression commercials are the worse!  Between
the music in the back ground, the sad faces and especially
the one with the dog looking sadly at his owner, you walk away
really thinking wow maybe it's me!
O.K. shake it off!

Crunchie

Anyone ever watch Simon Schama's "The Power of Art" on PBS? What a pompous bag of wind. This guy acts like he lived with these artists and shared a Vulcan mind meld with them to boot. Some of his points are interesting and seem well-taken, but the majority of them are unbelieveable.

rbain

Perhaps you could refute his points in a peer reviewed academic journal. As I see it, he's got the academic credentials to offer insights into the artists he profiles (numerous academic publications, teaching at Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard, Colombia, a CBE) so unless I knew specific examples of error, I'm likely to defer to his scholarship.

As for being a pompous windbag, it's one of the privileges bestowed by the CBE. Perhaps you'd prefer he grew a mustache and wore a knit cap with "BEARS" embossed on it. "So dis guy Rothko, right? I mean what da hell? My brudder what ain't right in da head could do dat chit!"

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."