News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Question re: Water Heater

Started by ruffian, August 05, 2005, 11:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruffian

A friend had on emergency basis to replace the water heater.  They were surprised when the installer stated that according to Code, the water heater must be installed flush to the floor.  I couldn't comment as I still have old water heater which is about two inches above the floor.  If this is true .... why is this the new code?

What about flooding if it's flush to the floor.

If anyone can shed some light ... would be helpful.

ruffian

Thanks, Aimee for the input.  They were gonna call the City today to find out, but I thought for sure more people in here would have info on that.

ruffian

Update.  First,  let me mention that my friend contracted something "Western" to install the new water heater.  The guy told them that the Berwyn code called for the water heater to be installed flush on the floor.  My friend called the City today, and they said they had no such code.  They have no code that says the water heater has to be flush on the basement floor.

Paul Fuentes

And you all call us(?) shysters?  As I prefer to invest in real estate, usually rehabs, I have had quite a few experiences with plumbers. 

All I can say positive about some (not all) I've dealt with is that there is at least one profession that forms a layer between me and Madalene, and in some cases Magdalene serves as the later between me and the plumber.

Beans

Berwyn Western = Berwyn Plumming Inspector...

How'd that happen?