News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Is my Snake Long Enough?

Started by Bungalocity, October 26, 2008, 04:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watcher

"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: watcher on October 27, 2008, 04:51:16 PM
Quote from: maraire on October 27, 2008, 04:47:18 PM

You have to be kidding

A Darwin candidate.

I thought they were serious too...and my reaction was the same as Marty...
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bonster

Fock.
I thought they were credible.  Now I have to call a plumber.

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

watcher

Quote from: menace2society on October 27, 2008, 01:12:39 PM
another solution - if the pipe run warrants it - is to drill a hole in the top of the pipe run and use the snake through that hole.  Once you are finished, you can use electrical tape to wrap around the pipe a few times and that'll seal the hole up and provide a place to rod from in the future.  It works great - if the pipe run has the top of the pipe accessible.

Bringing the original to page 2.

The purpose of a functional trap is to prevent sewer gas from entering the living space. The sealing properties of electrical tape notwithstanding, you might want to rethink your method.

"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

Bonster

What are you saying, watcher, use duct tape instead?

Robert Pauly

Yes, duct tape will duct the gases, uh, somewhere.

Bonster

C'mon.  Don't you know duct tape fixes everything?   8)

Here's some awesome sewer gas venting courtesy of Menace Plumbing out of Cicero.  (for Marty)

http://www.youtube.com/v/V7aVdZLkO2s&hl=en&fs=1

watcher

Quote from: Bonster on October 27, 2008, 07:30:45 PM
What are you saying, watcher, use duct tape instead?

C'mon.  Don't you know duct tape fixes everything?   8)

Here's some awesome sewer gas venting courtesy of Menace Plumbing out of Cicero.  (for Marty)

Given the proximity of properties in Berwyn? You'll want to use brand name Duct tape.

That video is somewhat frightening. Like checking for a gas leak with a match.

I won't look for it now, but there's an even better one out there from a mobile home being inspected.
The inspector notes a gas-like smell, moves on, decides to have a smoke...
He survived.

Bonster

I wasn't actually serious (mouseover original), but on that topic- my ol' man's got some duct tape that's next to impossible to cut without a knife or scissors. 
Either that or I was really tired when I was over there the other day.  I've never seen anything like it in the big boxes.

Here's another CLASSIC from SHIS:
http://www.youtube.com/v/-w-y8hsdqM4&hl=en&fs=1

Nazerac

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on October 26, 2008, 08:32:05 PM
I didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars to have that clean out replaced if the alternative was me using a plunger 4 times a year.  Cost/Benefit didn't make a lot of sense.

Used a wet/dry vac, covered the overflow, and sucked a hair ball the size of Texas!

Total time spent: 3 mins.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Nazerac on November 02, 2008, 09:59:52 AM
Quote from: OakParkSpartan on October 26, 2008, 08:32:05 PM
I didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars to have that clean out replaced if the alternative was me using a plunger 4 times a year.  Cost/Benefit didn't make a lot of sense.

Used a wet/dry vac, covered the overflow, and sucked a hair ball the size of Texas!

Total time spent: 3 mins.

You shouldn't be spitting those things into your tub  ;)
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato