News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

We got a new tire...

Started by Hogzilla, November 13, 2008, 09:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogzilla

Someone dumped a tire next to our garbage last week. We put it in the garage not thinking WM would take it. Does anyone know if it's ok to dump a tire in with your trash or recycling? My other option is to go to Pep Boys and have them dispose of it, but don't want to waste the gas if I don't have to.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

Bear

WM will not take it. Try suburban tire on Ogden and Clarence
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Hogzilla

Quote from: Bear on November 13, 2008, 09:38:26 AM

Thanks, that's much closer than Pep Boys.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

EC

WM will not take it, though I think they have an annual pick up, usually in spring, of anything that you place out in the alley, except big bulky items. Not exactly sure when that takes place.

If you go to Pep Boys or Suburban Tire, I think they charge you a disposal fee of a few dollars, but why should you have to pay that as someone left you with the parting gift?

You could be sneaky and place it in a commercial dumpster somewhere late at night, but you may not be able to sleep with your conscious bothering you late.

OakParkSpartan

Or just roll it further down the alley.

Put it behind that house you were having problems with a few months back.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Hogzilla

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on November 13, 2008, 09:48:05 AM
Or just roll it further down the alley.

Put it behind that house you were having problems with a few months back.

Hmmmm. lol Actually, I think the guy we saw dealing is gone. One day we just stopped seeing his car. My guess is he was a boyfriend living there. We always heard him arguing with a girl we saw there. Then again we haven't seen her either. Maybe they just got a place together elsewhere. Who knows. Just glad the bastard's gone.

I talked to a guy at the Pep Boys in Hodgkins and he said just bring it by and they'd take it for free. I will probably go by after work with it. I think since it's a single they are pretty lenient on the fee.

Bear

OR....Call public works and ask them to pick it up.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Bear on November 13, 2008, 10:07:03 AM

Why should the city deal with stuff left on private property?
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Nazerac

What about paint?  Do you know if WM picks up paint?

Hogzilla

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on November 13, 2008, 10:10:25 AM

There's a fine line between paint on a garage door and a tire in the alley.  ;D

Ana

I've taken a tire or two to Suburban Tire on Ogden.  I called them first and was told to just drop it off in back by their garbage containers.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Hogzilla

Sweet, I'll give them a call and drop it off there.

Mike Iniquez

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on November 13, 2008, 10:10:25 AM

OPS.

Not sure who Berwyn uses as their tire supplier for the city vehicles, but most towns have an agreement with the company who fixes their flats to take old tires left in alleys off their hands for no charge. Cicero picks up tires and stock piles them for a month, then they bring them to the company to have them disposed of. If Berwyn doesn't have something like that in place, then maybe they should look into it.
Evil prevails when good people stand by and do nothing.........................

Bonster

Quote from: Bear on November 13, 2008, 09:38:26 AM
wrong
Quote from: EC on November 13, 2008, 09:42:34 AM
WM will not take it, though I think they have an annual pick up
wrong

WM will take it.  You just need to call in advance.

Per WM:

Guests: http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa238/mcr_312/forum/WM-Tires.jpg
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bonster

Hogzilla

Bons, you rock! Thanks for that info!

Boris

What about bodies? Will WM pick up dead bodies?
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

Bonster

Quote from: Boris on November 13, 2008, 11:51:46 AM

Boris

Quote from: Bonster on November 13, 2008, 12:34:54 PM
Quote from: Boris on November 13, 2008, 11:51:46 AM

kewl...I know a lady in Evanston who is in need of a little disposal.
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

Hogzilla

Just called. They will pick it up next Thursday with the trash. Thanks again Bons.  ;D