News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Thanks to the Park District

Started by Shelley, January 12, 2009, 11:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelley

A friend asked me to post this and I agree totally with the message!:

A huge thank you to everyone at the Berwyn Park District (Jeff Janda, BPD Board Members and Staff) that make the Santa Mailbox/Letter program possible.  This was the first year we have participated and I can not tell you how pleasantly surprised I was when my daughter received her customized letter back from Old St. Nick.  I was expecting a nice form letter saying "make sure to be a good girl", etc.  What I received was a full page personalized letter that referenced my daughter's name and specific gifts she had asked to receive. 
I can't tell you what a gift this was for my daughter not to mention our community.  In a day where everything seems to be over commercialized or politicized this program and others like it that the park district offers are a refreshing change of pace.  What a service the Park District is offering the city of Berwyn and its residents by offering such a program.  Programs like these tell our community members (and members outside our community) that Berwyn is a great place to live.  That we as a community value family and more importantly our children.  What a wonderful gift this is for all of us.
Thank you!