News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Concerts in the Park

Started by apatriot, January 19, 2009, 09:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guy_on_Clinton

just install speakers around the park and play a cd.
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

apatriot

That's what I said Guy.

Brian, no one said they should forego a job to peform, or that they shouldn't be paid.  come on.

God Almighty you ppl are thick.  Investigate what's goin on in N. Riverside/Oak Park.  See what they are doing.

Bear

...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

apatriot

No, Bear.  No Rock (I love Rock), but would like to get the highbrow mojo workin.

Jeff Janda

I am pleased to announce that the Berwyn Park District will be hosting three concerts this summer at Proksa Park thanks to a sponsorship from the Berwyn Development Corporation.  The concerts are being planned for late Sunday afternoons with one in each month of June, July, and August.  I want to thank the Berwyn Development Corporation and Executive Director Anthony Griffin for all of their cooperation.  The Berwyn Park District staff have begun the planning process for the concerts.

As more information is available I will post it.  You can also check out our website at www.berwynparks.org for further information and to sign up for Berwyn Park District News e-blasts.

Thanks,

Jeff Janda
jjanda@berwynparks.org

maraire

Ask and ye shall receive. Lets hope ppl come.

n01_important

Sounds like fun.  A couple more events like these and I might be prone to forgive the Park District for wasting tax dollars by destroying a home to make a parking lot.  Maybe not.
Stupid fuck

apatriot

I knew we could do it, however, I couldn't see any information on it at the website.  Maybe not looking in right spot.

Maybe that information could be posted as to dates, times, and what kind of concert when it's available.

Bear

Quote from: apatriot on February 10, 2009, 06:30:27 PM
I knew we could do it, however, I couldn't see any information on it at the website.  Maybe not looking in right spot.

Maybe that information could be posted as to dates, times, and what kind of concert when it's available.

As Janda said in his post, info will be made available as it happens. Plans are not finalized...

In the interim, put fresh candles in your candelabra, pack a blanket and pick your Mc Cheese (sorry I had to say that, reflex motion)...Eno, we will be needing summer wine
choices for said events (BTW drinking is not permitted in Proksa, we will need paper coke cups, ahem)

...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Bonster

Quote from: Jeff Janda on February 10, 2009, 09:24:51 AM
I am pleased to announce that the Berwyn Park District will be hosting three concerts this summer at Proksa Park thanks to a sponsorship from the Berwyn Development Corporation.  The concerts are being planned for late Sunday afternoons with one in each month of June, July, and August.  I want to thank the Berwyn Development Corporation and Executive Director Anthony Griffin for all of their cooperation.  The Berwyn Park District staff have begun the planning process for the concerts.

planning.........any idea as to the type of music?

dance?
White boy stuff? 
crusty old man music?
A reflection of our Mexican population?
Don't even tell me Infinity is going to be playing . . .
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

lawndale

could we have some gangsta rap?  :fro:

Ana

Quote from: Bonster on February 10, 2009, 08:23:49 PM
Quote from: Jeff Janda on February 10, 2009, 09:24:51 AM

dance?
White boy stuff? 
crusty old man music?

Los Temerarios, Banda Machos, Maldita Vecindad, El Tri. . .  :)
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Bear

I was praying for classical...

But then again 60402 is not.

Robert Pauly

Quote from: Bonster on February 10, 2009, 08:23:49 PM

dance?
White boy stuff? 
crusty old man music?

The choice of music will be interesting.  The last time I remember a Sunday afternoon concert there - I think in 2002 - there was a pop band - My Sharona, No Doubt music - that kind of stuff - and 90% of the audience was seniors.

If it were me, I'd rotate the types of acts - perhaps a jazz band, Latino band, blues, rockabilly, kids band, Rat Pack act, polka band, string quartet, etc. - I'd be less interested in pleasing all the people all the time - which is impossible - and more interested in providing a quality act every time out, catering to different segments of our population.

Ana

I like Robert Pauly's choices. . . very good.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

ZORBA

apatriot

I'm with Bear.  A late afternoon of more highbrow music would be ..... heavenly.

We have enough of the other music at all the other events we throw in town.  No need to desecrate Proksa with the likes of Infinity ::).  I've heard enough of Wheel In da Sky to last me a lifetime.  Apparently, others have not heard it enough yet.

Chamber, Harp, Piano, Violin, Orchestra, Big Band (is ok), and I still think an opportunity for students to perform (i'm sure a few have been looking for a venue).  Since it's a couple of summer months, perhaps Park District could contact the schools/music depts. to find out who if anyone would like to put together a concert for the summer.  They could also feature a singer for pop music.

Just something classy, elegant.  Last thing I want to see is the whole idea turned into a raucous gathering drawing every rowdy around, and RAP should be stricktly verboten.