News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

desperate for hair stylist

Started by TAL, September 08, 2005, 07:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAL

My hair cutter left town and I'm desperate for a new one. Anyone have any knowledge of decent hair cutters for women with short "challenging" hair (read wavy, I guess, that's what one of my hair cutters said.)
I'd like to stay near hear, berwyn, riverside, oak park.

mmorrison

I go to Diamond Lil's on Oak Park Avenue between 31st & 32nd.  I think she gives good haircuts.  My mother-in-law was visiting us from California over the holidays last year and went there because her own hairstylist had really messed up her last cut (and burned her neck giving her a perm!).  Lil did a great job fixing up the bad cut and my MIL was extremely happy with her.  The only problem is her hours - she's never open in the evening, but she is there on Saturdays. 

pkd50

Upper Cuts on Pershing  near East.   It's on the Stickney side.  Vickie is the owner. 

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

Best hair stylist I know in the area is Chris at Rayzor Salon on Harlem just north of the Burlington tracks. Not sure if he does women though (I believe so).
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Shelley

Frank at Reflections II on Windsor just west of Kenilworth.  He gives a good haircut and is great for Highlights, too.

pkd50

Debbie owned Short Cuts.   By the way, Deb is married and lives in the city in University Village and has a Phd. in Physcology.  She is a practicing clinical physicologist.    Berwyn girl makes good!!!   Her nephew Matt who used to sweep up around there and in Garv's has  passed the Bar and is a practicing attorney.   Berwyn boy makes good!!!

catspaws

Rosario's at Oak Park Ave and 15th. The owner is Maria (Rosario is her middle name). I have short hail that gets flat when it get a little length to it because it is heavy. It is hard for me to convince "beauty keepers" to cut it short enough so I don't need a cut in 2 weeks.

I took a picture with me of my hair when it was a good length. Maria cut it short enough. Every time I go back she says in her spanglish, " You want it too short?" She always smiles with satisfaction in a job well done when she is finished so I am assuming she means "very short" when she says "too short".

She is open 7 days a week from early morning until mid to late evening. She makes appointments for Friday nights and Saturdays. Otherwise it is a walk in shop. They cut men's, women's and children's hair.