News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Roofers?

Started by BerwynBuffy, March 10, 2009, 06:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BerwynBuffy

Any good recomendations for new shingle roof?
Pretty basic roof, 3 sides. 
This past winter seems to have really aged my tiles and I'd rather jump on it now before I get a leak.
Over Taxed, Over Worked and Under Paid = America!

mominator

I highly recommend Chicagoland's Town Roofing (708-656-2828). They did a complete tear-off and reshingle of our roof 2 years ago.  They did a great job for much, much less than the competition.  The owner comes out to give the quote and closely supervises his crew.  The job was done well, in a timely fashion, and with complete clean-up.

Boris

Moore Construction did a complete tear-off roof for us, plus rebuilt parts of the underlayment, fascia and siding that were destroyed in a bad storm. Later I had Moore do the siding on our whole house.

TOP NOTCH WORK...good price. I am very happy.

Via the excellent Berwyn Informer:

Moore Construction Inc
6501 Ogden Ave. (NW corner of Ogden & Gunderson)
(708)788-9283
Michael Moore, owner of Moore Construction, is a true professional through and through.  He and his company are honest and stand behind their work with a 10 year labor warranty. He does everything from gutters to entire gut rehabs and exteriors (windows, siding, roof, gutters, soffit and fascia). Moore Construction comes to us with high praise from several sources.

###

Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

MRS. NORTHSIDER

I'd recommend architectural shingles if you're getting a new roof.  In terms of price not a whole lot more than your basic shingle but in terms of looks definitely worth the extra you will pay and think how long that roof will be up there for people to see.

chandasz

We were very happy with Moore as well. I will use them again

Homebody

Quote from: mominator on March 11, 2009, 04:49:31 AM
I highly recommend Chicagoland's Town Roofing (708-656-2828). They did a complete tear-off and reshingle of our roof 2 years ago.  They did a great job for much, much less than the competition.  The owner comes out to give the quote and closely supervises his crew.  The job was done well, in a timely fashion, and with complete clean-up.

Sadly, I would not advise calling Chicagoland's. I used them in the past and was very pleased. However, I tried to hire them again and they just never came out. I called them monthly since last spring and was told that I was on the list. At first, I had a small leak. In September, while still waiting on the list, the leak caused damage to the plaster ceiling. I called again. Back on the list. October, November, now I have snow on the roof and they can't come out until it melts. 60 degrees in December, all the snow melted off the roof into my attic. I fired them. Off the list and onto A.J. O'Rourke Roofing Co's list (708) 681-0508. Got the name from the vet, Mark Ahern. 1st weekend after I called that had warmer temps, A.J. was out on my roof. All I needed was flashing around a vent. Cost me $150.00. Goodby Chicagoland's. Hello A.J. Now, anybody know a plaster guy? Homebody

OakParkSpartan

Marge:

William McNulty and Sons

711 S MAPLE AVE
OAK PARK IL 60304

(708) 386-2951
(708) 386-3612 (fax)

We used them when we moved in and they were great.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato