News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Emitter help...

Started by buzz, March 13, 2009, 04:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzz

I have an emitter (not a sump pump) in my basement.  It's starting to be a problem.  It was running forever before shutting off, then this last weekend I had to unplug it to get it to stop.  Anyone have any advice ?  I understand replacing it is expensive.  It's been here as long as me, and the furnace, and the air conditioner,  17 yrs.  Geez, nothing lasts anymore !
I already have $$$$$ earmarked for replacing the furnace and the air this year.  But, I didn't plan on this too.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

buzz

I'm answering my own post, now that's crazy.  FYI.  Just got back from Home Depot.  It is a sump pump, not an emitter.  Guy said they were also called ejectors, not emitters.  Guy also said to hire someone.  The sewage/sump pump replacement isn't costly like a new installation is, when they tear up your floor to sink the metal container/cannister and have to re-pipe everything.
I'll take his advice.

Ted

Quote from: buzz on March 13, 2009, 04:48:36 PM
I have an emitter (not a sump pump) in my basement.  It's starting to be a problem.  It was running forever before shutting off, then this last weekend I had to unplug it to get it to stop.  Anyone have any advice ?  I understand replacing it is expensive.  It's been here as long as me, and the furnace, and the air conditioner,  17 yrs.  Geez, nothing lasts anymore !
I already have $$$$$ earmarked for replacing the furnace and the air this year.  But, I didn't plan on this too.

Buzz,

This happened to me about 8 years ago.  My ejector pump just started going non-stop.  I had to get a new one but the cost was in the hundreds of dollars, if I remember correctly.

Ted

buzz

buzz

Quote from: buzz on March 13, 2009, 04:48:36 PM
Please note the original date of this post.That money I have for the furnace and A/C replacement...it won't be going to Marty.  Chalk it up to guilt by association.