News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Conflicker Worm ??

Started by buzz, March 30, 2009, 11:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzz

A friend has just warned me about the "Conflicker Worm" due april 1st.
Is this for real or is it an April Fool's Joke ?
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

BRoWN

Quote from: buzz on March 30, 2009, 11:10:05 PM
A friend has just warned me about the "Conflicker Worm" due april 1st.
Is this for real or is it an April Fool's Joke ?
If a candidate gets an endorsement from the "conflicker worm" .......he would accept the endorsement. Is the "conflicker worm" ALL that bad?

PamF

Make sure you have installed all the Microsoft updates that you should have and that your anti-virus is current.  Perhaps run a scan today to be sure.

If you don't have anti-virus on your machine, there are good free ones.  avg is one.  If you use comcast internet, they provide mcafee for free.

buzz

Thanks Pam.... went online this a.m. to research it fully.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

n01_important

Good thing I have a Mac.  ;D
Stupid fuck

BerwynBuffy

I've been reading about this. One news show said 'so far no major damage'.... yet
Over Taxed, Over Worked and Under Paid = America!

menace2society

Isn't it "Conficker" and not "Conflicker?"

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: PamF on March 31, 2009, 11:53:49 AM
Make sure you have installed all the Microsoft updates that you should have and that your anti-virus is current.  Perhaps run a scan today to be sure.

If you don't have anti-virus on your machine, there are good free ones.  avg is one.  If you use comcast internet, they provide mcafee for free.
If your internet provider is AT & T they also provide McAfee free.  We had Norton but it expired so we are using McAfee.  Does anyone know if one is better than the other or are they basically the same?

Hogzilla

I was listening to the radio about this yesterday and there were no reports of issues. The worm needed data provided from 500 of 50,000 possible websites and as of last night it hadn't go to any of them. From what they said this doesn't mean it WON'T be an issue, just wasn't an issue yesterday. Happy April Fools Day!

I am also glad to have a Mac.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."