News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

What some major Grocery Store Chains are pulling

Started by ruffian, May 02, 2005, 03:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruffian

pkd50

Somebody once told me that is why the Walgreen's on Ogden has stayed vacant since they moved to Oak Park Ave.  They still have a long term lease and won't let it go.  Does anybody know if this is true?

Bear

Not true. There was a carpet guy in the old Walgreens...he went out of business. This fall there was
a halloween store there for two months. That property is owned by Inland, its a lease deal
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

pkd50

Thanks for that info.  I remember the Halloween store, but not the carpet store.   Who is Inland and are they trying to find a permanent business for that location?

Ana

The carpet store is one block west of the old Walgreens.  There was a Halloween store at the old Walgreens during that season last year, but there have been no other tenants there.  There is a sign on the property that says "For Lease".  It is unfortunate that we can't get any tenants in there.  It's a big space but the parking is awful.  That may be biggest reason a reputable retailer may not want to lease the space. 
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby