News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Where's the Beef!!

Started by Suedehead, May 03, 2005, 02:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suedehead

So i just moved here and i'm looking for a good beef. I know there's Buona up on Roosevelt but who else has  a good Italian beef?

pkd50

jqpublic

I concur on Mr. Beef. I like Novi's as well.

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that.

markweiner

Novi's at Oak Park/Ogden.  Berwyn has not shortage of good Italian Beef places.

Ana

Henry's on Ogden, just west of Austin Blvd.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

pkd50

I'll have to try Henry's for beef.  I always think of them as a hot dog stand.

Ana

I've never tried their hotdogs.  Oh, and also Scatchelli's on Cermak just east of Cicero.  I remember going there after picking my Mom up from work from Western Electric.  Good times, good times. . .  :'(
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Guy_on_Clinton

Lucky Dogs on 16th & Harlem has good beefs.....   I'd also say that their $5 deal for 2 dogs 2 fries and a coke is great!!!
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

P-PANTHER

IMO, three top notch places in Berwyn area for beef-Mr. Beef, Novi's, and Pete's Red Hots on Roosevelt in Oak Park.

Suedehead

i had mr. beef a couple weeks ago, i didn't think it was anything special. i was told by a family member that there's a place around central and roosevelt i should try called "chickies"? i think that was the name- can anyone confirm?

There's a place in westchester on 31st and wolf in the strip mall called paul's hot dogs and pizza. they have a great italian beef that they serve on a 9 or 10 inch piece of bread, and if you get peppers on it, it's on the whole thing, they load it up. ah- heaven on a bun.

P-PANTHER

Quote from: Suedehead on June 05, 2005, 04:47:59 PM
i had mr. beef a couple weeks ago, i didn't think it was anything special. i was told by a family member that there's a place around central and roosevelt i should try called "chickies"? i think that was the name- can anyone confirm?

There's a place in westchester on 31st and wolf in the strip mall called paul's hot dogs and pizza. they have a great italian beef that they serve on a 9 or 10 inch piece of bread, and if you get peppers on it, it's on the whole thing, they load it up. ah- heaven on a bun.

Pauls is owned by the new mayor of Westchester, Paul Gattuso. 9 or 10 inch beef? Thats about twice the normal size. Quantity doesn't always mean quality. In the Westchester area, Carms on Wolf Road is top notch.

I know Chickies used to be on Cermak just east of Central, but I'm not sure anymore.

Suedehead

Paulie is the mayor of Westchester now?!! Wow- I wonder if he still works the lunchtime rush.

9 or 10 inch beef sandwich, I sh@t you not. and it's damn good. I get mine on garlic bread, hot, red, and moz. I'll never forget the first time i went there, my buddy who has known Paul for years took me, he tried to warn me about how big the sandwiches are; i didn't believe him. So being the tough guy that I am, I ordered a combo sandwich, on garlic bread, hot, red, and with the moz, an order of fries and a large drink. My food comes and the whole tray is loaded. I looked over at my buddy and said, "how the hell am i supposed to eat all this?!?" He just laughed and said I told you so. I finished the whole sandwich, but i never even touched the fries. I'll never make that mistake again no.