News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Harlem Ave. Lounge

Started by pkd50, May 02, 2005, 04:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pkd50

That place rocks.  They have some top notch entertainment.  I was there last week.  Good blues and not a  phoney downtown blues club or scary enviorement like some clubs.

T-Stan RPCV

I agree 100%.  I've only been there 1 time.  Saw a band called Frank Bang's Secret Stash and it was Fitzgerald's quality music at 1/3 the price.  They played 2 long sets, and when I thought they were spent, ripped out a third.  

I was uncertain whether or not the Harlem Ave. Lounge was that good every night or if I got lucky and came on a night with a great band.  Sounds like both.

Boris

Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

pkd50

It's on Harlem/Ogden.  Right next to White Castle.  They have a web page.  Try it.  It's a Berwyn Bar worth supporting.  The owners do a good job of lining up talent.  It looks and feels like a southside blues club, but no at all intimating.

T-Stan RPCV

Ok, I may loose some credibility on this site (if I had any left anyway), but my earlier post had some motivation other than the fact that I really liked the Harlem Ave Lounge.  

Frank Bang (formerly of The Buzz) is a friend of mine going back many years.  Turns out he's playing at the Harlem Ave. Lounge this Friday night.  Unfortunately I'll be out of town, but for anyone who likes Stevie Ray Vaughn type blues, it's a must see show.  Trust me on this one, you'd have to look pretty hard to find a more talented performer bust his ass on stage for only a $6/cover .  And hey, it's a great local band at a Berwyn bar.  

More shameless promotion:

http://www.chicagoentertainers.com/Frank-Bangs-Secret-Stash.htm

http://www.frankbang.com/

pkd50

Thanks for the tip..... 

jqpublic

Another thing worth mentioning, they have (or used to have) one of the best jukeboxes you'll find anywhere.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that.

markweiner

Riggs:  Nice to see you get out.  I would love to join some of you let us say this Saturday night before Mother's Day.  Anyone interested.  Can stop by my place first for a drink and then move on.

MarkWeiner1@Hotmail.com

pkd50

markweiner

Since many have identified themselves on this board, Riggs is JQpublic.

pkd50

Thanks,  I didn't know if that was code.

markweiner

JQPublic and I are going to the Harlem Avenue Lounge Saturday, May 7, 2005. Does anyone care to join us?

MarkWeiner1@Hotmail.com

pkd50

How was the Harlem Ave. Lounge on Saturday?