News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

ActiveX ?

Started by buzz, July 08, 2009, 10:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzz

For the last week I've been receiving alerts from Explorer that my current security settings do not allow ActiveX to execute properly.
I have not changed any security settings.  I've changed no settings on anything and I don't think I want to.  All pages display properly.
Doesn't ActiveX allow a remote user to take control of my computer.  I thought it was a trouble shooting program used by many tech support departments ?
Thanks
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

treeguy

ActiveX is a set of software components or controls that exist in Microsoft Windows and can be leveraged to execute programs or performs specific tasks.  Your Internet Explorer security settings are configured to prevent ActiveX from functioning with a website you are loading.  This is configured in Internet Explorer - Tools -> Internet Options, Security.  Hope that helps.

watcher

Quote from: buzz on July 08, 2009, 10:02:39 AM
For the last week I've been receiving alerts from Explorer that my current security settings do not allow ActiveX to execute properly.
I have not changed any security settings.  I've changed no settings on anything and I don't think I want to.  All pages display properly.
Doesn't ActiveX allow a remote user to take control of my computer.  I thought it was a trouble shooting program used by many tech support departments ?
Thanks

Microsoft has issued yet another warning about yet another new security risk. They don't have a patch or fix yet but instruct you to visit the Microsoft website for instructions on how shut off the offending bits and bytes.

Reason number 9,123,365 NOT to use M$ Internet Exploder.

"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass